Chapter 8

(-Patton's Pov-)

"So, You had some sort of mental breakdown in front of Joan and Talyn. You then 'zoned out' metaphorically in front of them again, to come here?" Logan asked, "Do you realize what you just did, they're probably freaking out right now Thomas. This is going to make you more suspicious and now they will ask you questions Thomas."

"Well Logan, let's be honest. We should have been working harder to keep Thomas in check with his emotions, " I tried to calm Logan down when Thomas as started looking guilty.

"Ha! You think this is me!? No this is you and Roman, you two and... Virgil operate his main emotions. This has nothing to do with my failure. This is you two. You can leave me out of this one Patton. You only come to me for answers when you need help. Here! You can do this Patton. This was never my responsibility," Logan yelled, shoving last me.

Thomas, Roman, and I were speechless. We had never seen Logan get this angry at something before. I spent some time comforting Thomas and myself. I had never realized it before, but Virgil was usually the one to help us whenever we fought or got angry or sad. Back before Virgil came, we got close, but when we had arguments they lasted a long while.

Thomas glanced at me and awkwardly sunk out. I sighed and left the room. I knew that Logan needed space, so I went to check on Roman. He had his door opened a crack. I knocked on the door and there was no answer so I peeked in. On the desk there was a note. I walked over to it and was a sloppily written letter.

Dean Pabne @rd T€@¢h, (Dear Padre and Teach)

l krow th@t it's mv f@vIt th@t UingiI I€ft. l shovIbn't h@ue s@íb th@t.
$ir¢e l @m th€ pnin¢ l mvst nes¢ve @nvone vho is ir tnovbIe.
l h@ue gore to s@ue UirgiI. l dor't krow if thīs ne@ns l ¢@n't b€ @ Iight sid€, bvt so b€ it.
(I know that it's my fault that Virgil left. I shouldn't have said that. Since I am the prince, I must save anyone who is in trouble . I have gone to save Virgil. I don't know if this means I can't be a light side, but so be it.)

I want you both to know, I love you. (Platonic only for Logan, but Pat doesn't know.)

Sincerely, Roman Sanders

By the time I finished reading I was crying. First Virgil left, then Logan got mad, and finally Roman left. We truly had fallen apart without him.

'I hope you're happy my dark strange son.'