𝟑𝟒. 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆

The house awoke from a childish laughter. Emma sat on the bed, slightly dizzy from waking up. She felt numb and stared at the wall in front of her, her head was empty, trying to comprehens the sound. She did this every morning until someone or something got her out of that trance.

Just as she deepened into her thoughts ,Teddy's head appeared from behind the door. He walked over to her and tugged lightly on her arm. Emma looked at the boy and asked him what he wanted.

-Mom sent me to call you downstairs. Will you play with me after breakfast? Can you play football? ”Bernard began to ask her questions.
-Yes, of course, with great pleasure.-smiled Emma at him.
Bernard had bowed his head and stroked her hand.
-Thanks for making mom happy.-burst the little boy all of a sudden.

Emma was speechless. Light tears appeared in her blue eyes. She pulled the little boy on her lap and hugged him tightly. She pressed his head hard against her chest and rocked him like her own child.

                     ◆ ◇ ◆
“Why you two are late?” Ophelia asked Emma after leaving the food in front of Maribor.
"Bernard was telling me something about his stuffed toys." The blonde winked at the boy, who had already begun to eat.
                           ◇ ◆ ◇
Emma was kicking a ball with Teddy while her mistress was with her brother near town to go shopping. The blonde has always loved sports, but her great passion was art.

As he kicked the ball, the little boy tripped and fell. The woman ran to him and checked to see if he was hurt. The boy sat on the grass, rubbing his back from the fall. When he heard the woman's question, he just smiled at her.

"I'm a little tired," Bernard said. His gaze sank to the ground, his fingers playing with the grass.
"Are you hungry?"
"A little."
"I think there's something to eat in the house. Let's check."
                             ◆ ◇ ◆
Fanny saw her mistress eating a sandwich and talking to Teddy. Arden carried the heavy bags to the kitchen, grunting something under his nose. His sister headed for Emma and Bernard.

"Mom. Guess what Emma and I were doing today. "the boy said excitedly and turned to his mother.
"Don't talk with your mouth full." Fanny scolded him and went to kiss her girlfriend.
"Ema showed me some football tricks today. She is incredibly good with her hands as well, because she ... showed me an interesting game that is played on the back. ”Bernard muttered sweetly.

Fanny and Emma looked at each other, bursting into soft laughter.