23. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒚

Everything was blue. The bed, the walls, the pills. Even Emma's clothes. Fanny watched the blonde sleeping next to her. Her girlfriend had appeared as soon as she learned what had happened. Fanny lay in bed, trapped in thoughts, constantly blaming herself. Her baby was dead.

Adam was an eyewitness to the death of her child. She had fainted in the store after experiencing acute abdominal pain. He had called an ambulance. From there, Fanny lost the thread between reality and fantasy.

When she woke up, the first thing she saw was her girlfriend's worried face. No, the brunette did not cry, nor was she bitter. The pain she had been experiencing over the years was now pouring like smoke through a chimney, into thin jets.

Adam showed up. He knocked on the door. The boy immediately ran to his boss and hugged her tightly.
-I'm sorry, Adam .....- Fanny barely spoke between the tears that shed on Adam's shoulder. Emma had left because her sisters had informed her that the meeting time was up.

- Calm down, mon amour. You are a strong woman. I'll be with you.
-We would have a son, Adam. Teddy would be a big brother.
Adam clenched his teeth, clenched the woman even harder, and buried his face in her neck.
                                 ◇ ◆ ◇
-I carried him a little, Adam. I named it Étoile. It happened a few minutes ago. If you can, you can see him once more.
-Can I. I want to see my son for the last time.

Fanny called the nurse who was treating her. A chubby woman with a stillborn baby in her arms appeared in a few minutes.
"Thank you, Alice," Fanny said to the woman, taking her child in her arms. Alice smiled warmly and left.

The brunette handed the baby to Adam. The boy was shaking slightly. He was afraid of dropping it. As soon as he looked at him, he immediately recognized his nose and mouth. The child looked like he was sleeping in his arms. He lifted his little head and kissed it gently.

Roger's dark silhouette stood at the door. He watched the exhausted Fanny and Adam holding the child. Roger ran to Fanny, takes off his hat and hugged her tightly. His perfume crept into his wife's lungs and she gripped his coat tightly.

"Roger ..." Fanny whispered, hiding her face in his neck. They were sitting there, both hugged and the dead baby in Dad's arms.