21. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

Fanny looked herself in the mirror. Her belly was growing with every month. She was almost entered the sixth. She felt the baby sometimes kicking her slightly.

Roger was still cold to her, but not as much as before. He led her to fine restaurants, parties and when she felt sick, they were coming back. Adam was incredibly gentle to her. He had spoiled and worshiped her as a goddess. And Emma. Our sweet Emma was doing everything possible for Fanny not to be depressed. She had recently realized that the brunette was prone to depression.

"How are you?" Roger asked and kissed his wife's neck. Fanny smiled and touched his hands,which were lying on her shoulders.
" Fine. I can not wait for that little miracle to come out. "She replied and stroked her belly. "I have to go, tonight I'll make dinner for you." Fanny kissed her husband and went to work.

                                ♡ ◆ ♡
Adam sat on the couch and watched Emma painting something. Fanny was writing something in the huge notebook. She had put on her glasses, an old habit since she was young since she didn't need them from a while.
"Do you have fun you two there?" The woman asked without looking away from the notebook.

"Definitely," the two replied and they paused again.
"I am glad. Adam, put some music, my love. You know where the disks are.
"Of course."
Adam rose from the couch and went from behind. Emma made a gesture as if she wanted to ask for something and gave up.

Fanny turned to her girlfriend and smiled at her.
"What do you paint, love?" She asked, leaning toward the drawing as she held her stomach.
" Adam in a surreal picture. But he got up and I have to wait until he returns."

"It's beautiful. But you're more beautiful. "Fanny kissed Emma, ​​and then Adam appeared. He had an album by Frank Sinatra and Lana Del Rey. He walked to the gramophone and put the disc gently. The pleasant jazz of Sinatra went out of the shop.

"I love Frank Sinatra. But I love his wife more."
"Which?" Adam and Fanny asked in unison.
"Ava Gardner."
"Ow," said Adam, and sat down again on the couch.
                             ◇ ◆ ◇
Once Adam closed the store and kissed Fanny for goodbye. The two women headed for Emma's home. As soon as they stepped inside, Fanny went to take a glass of water.

Emma left the keys, took off her shoes and coat and went to her room. Fanny went to the living room. Emma was waiting for her, turning the canvas so that only the back was visible.
-What is this?
"A present. For you."

Emma turned the picture and Fanny gasped. It was perfect. There was a woman, like old paintings, lying on her stomach on a couch. She was stretching her hand to a baby lying on the floor, wrapped in silk and satin. There were white pigeons around her.

"It's ideal. You are extremely talented. You make me proud, Emma. I love you so much."
"I'll love you more." Emma kissed Fanny gently and smiled at her.