25. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐧

Emma's vintage blue Cadillac stood in front of her mistress's building. The artist had prepared a great surprise for her. Now she was smoking, leaning on her car and daydreaming.

The front door opened and Roger came out carrying a suitcase, followed by Fanny. The man greeted Emma, ​​who had already opened the trunk lid, and kissed her wife. The brunette thanked him and got in the car. Emma also came in, and when Roger went inside, they left.

"Where are we going, Em?"
"We will go to Nice, but first we will visit a place."
“And what a place it is if it's no secret.” Fanny raised her eyebrow.
"Surprise." Emma smiled at her and drove faster.

It was 8:00 pm when they arrived in Antibes. The place where Fanny's parents live. The brunette was very pleased to hear that Antibes is "this place". As soon as they reached her parents' home, Fanny quickly got out of the car, ran to the fence and walked like a cat across a stone path.

But before she knocked on the door, she saw in the garden, in the thick grass, two girls putting a daisy crown on a boy's head. Fanny immediately recognized Bernard and called out his name. The three children looked at the woman.

"Mom."cried the boy, got up and ran to his mother.
Fanny couldn't hold back her tears and wept.
                            ◇ ◆ ◇
The brunette did not take her eyes off her son. Finally, after so long, she was with her son. Emma talked to her lover's parents and brother. Her mother was a tall, thin and beautiful woman with white hair and elegant clothes. Her father had a white beard, was well-formed and witty.

Her brother had almost the same structure as his older sister. Tall, elegant and intelligent. His pale skin and slightly pointed ear made him look like a vampire. He and his wife were currently living in a neighboring house that was literally related to that of his parents.

The six were sitting on the couch. Emma and Bernard had squeezed Fanny between them. 10-year-old Bernard was brought here 5 years ago by his father. Due to his asthmatic attacks, he was banned from setting foot in the cities. But there was no problem for him. He adored the place.

Fanny got out of her seat and walked away. A minute later she came back, clutching her belly, and patted Emma on the shoulder. The blonde turned to her and Fanny whispered in her ear. The brunette took Bernard with her and walked away.
                           ♤ ♧ ♤ ♧
" I saw you talking to Bernard in your room. How pleased you were and caressed him. In my opinion it was for a card. ”Emma laughed slightly and pushed Fanny.

The whole family had dinner. Arden, Fanny's brother, was joking. Everyone laughs, but not Fanny. Although she was now with her family, but mostly with her son, she still suffered from the loss of her child. She felt empty. She didn't want to talk about it with anyone, not even Emma.

" Honey, you didn't say a word the whole time. What's the matter? ”Fanny's mother asked, looking at her daughter worriedly.
"Nothing, I'm just tired, Mom. That is all."
"I hope so. How is Roger, though, why didn't he come with you?
"Has a job in a law firm. But it doesn't matter, at least I'm with Bernard now."

The little boy patted his mother on the arm, and when Fanny bent down he whispered something in her ear. She agreed and kissed him on the head.