I was taken aback by this sudden wish of David. It was understandable but I never thought that he would want them to stay with him. At the Wellington mansion.

"David...",Dad said but was interrupted.

"James! I still want your approval. I know I can't just outrageously claim my rights on them. It was you all who have taken care of Erica...so I will be alright if you refuse..."

He won't be. He won't be alright if he is refused of this. He never asks of something he is not passionate to have, and right now I can see that desperation in his eyes. Though we never let him feel aloof, somewhere I was aware there's still a void. It is just that he is pretty good at hiding while I am not.

I spoke up this time, "You should..."

Instead he shook his head. What is with this interruption!?

"Eric! I know you are hell possessive of her, and you want her all to yourself. I am just expressing a wish.."

"Will you stop your rants David?", It was Venus, "Atleast hear what Eric and James have to say about this."

Dad looked at me briefly and I tried to pass him a message.

He looked away and cleared his throat, "David..first of all, just because you got to know about Erica now, that doesn't mean you have any less right on her. We would have told you everything, but we didn't want to burden you with a responsibility at such a small age, and Erica, she was still not ready to allow access to anyone in her life. Lest sudden relations. She didn't react badly to having a brother, and you know why? Because her brother was you. And I have seen how much close you both are, even when you were not aware of your real relation. About staying in the Wellington mansion, if you have Embrey and Erica's permission, I would never stop you. In fact I would love to see that abandoned mansion bloom once again."

He smiled wide at that, happily, but his grin vanished the moment his gaze fell upon me, "You don't have any objection Eric? Do you?"

I rolled my eyes, "As far as I get to share a room with her, I don't. I need to keep a check. You may fill her mind with filth against me."

I saw visible relief in his eyes but he scoffed at me, "That I can do even in front of you. I don't need her alone for that."

Well, back to the original form.

E R I C A

I glanced in her direction once and saw she was already looking at me.

"Come Angel...sit here..", I mentally winced at that name, but nodded nonetheless.

I took the chair that is mostly occupied by David or Eric and sat near her bed. I have been avoiding this so much unless my so called 'boyfriend' threatened me that if I don't talk to my mother, he won't talk to me.

Imagine how berserk he would have gone if I did the same while he was not behaving well with his mother. Hypocrite!

"Your hair have grown thicker.", She commented trying to initiate a talk.

"Jess has taken good care of it.", I said but then I realized it wasn't appropriate to say that and taunt her. I promised Eric I will behave nicely.

She looked away for a brief second with hurt laced expressions but then looked at me again and smiled, "I will thank her for doing what I didn't."

I preferred staying silent.

"Eric is a nice boy for you..", that grabbed my attention and I looked at her with interest, "We were talking about you one day. He loves you alot."