14.

⚫

T W O  M O N T H S  L A T E R

E R I C

Stepping on the familiar land, a wave of homeliness surrounded me.
My kingdom! Italy!

"Sir!", Stephan directed me to the car, and I excitedly got in.

I am finally going to meet nonna after so many days.

When in the car, I finally took a breath of relief. I was occupied with work even on the jet. And thankfully, this trip to Italy is going to last for a week.

"Has David already reached!?", I asked Stephan.
"Sir as per the other pilot he arrived an hour ago..", he answered.
"Good."

Nonna has been pestering me to keep the work aside and live with her for some days. However, I know her mysterious reasons well. I agreed when David also wanted to accompany.
We both have spent a lot of days of our childhood together at Nonna's place.

With a final turn, my favourite street arrived. And then finally, our mansion.

As expected, Nonna was already out waiting for me. But she was standing with Robert, our Butler.

Where is she!?

I rolled my eyes at my thoughts. How can I expect her to welcome me, when all she got was my jerky behaviour.

It's hard to admit for me, but I am also here to apologize to Erica, which I couldn't do then.
Yeah! I know it took me two months to realize this, but atleast I did. I don't expect better from myself.

I got off the car and like always nonna hugged me tightly, "Oh my boy! You finally came."
"How are you nonna!?", I asked kissing her head.
"Too good!", She squealed.

As per my information, Erica has been living here with nonna because she was quite eager to get a company. And as Erica is already her favourite, I heard nonna dragged her out of dad's place to welcome at hers.

I got in the mansion and settled on the couch.
"You've become thin Eric!"
"You say that every time you see me nonna!", I replied absent mindedly.
And then the next instance, I received a punch on my back, which didn't shock me much.
"Hey Man!", David chimed.
"Get the hell out of here!", I growled at him.
Nonna at that second interrupts, "he isn't going anywhere!"

If I haven't mentioned before, David loved nonna alot. And since childhood, we spent a plenty of time together with her. Where David was a orphan, he found a family in mine. I may be the only son of my parents, but they never differentiated between us. Dad made sure he prepares David, so he could take over his dad's company which was left astray after his death.
May be the only thing I liked about my parents.

"Tomorrow is James and Jessica's wedding anniversary!", Nonna squealed.
I remembered. Of course I did.
But this day has stopped being my concern from a long time.

"And you called me for that!", I pointed out drinking the coffee in my hand.
She, in reply smiled sheepishly, "Of course! But I didn't expect you'll come...!"
David butted in now, "Nonna! There are some other things, he won't deny an opportunity to attend."

I raised my eyebrows in question, while he smirked suggestively. I turned to Nonna who was mirroring the same face.

God! These two are going to be the death of me. The secret conversations they have are out of the reach of my mind. And so I blocked them out, and looked everywhere to find someone I wanted to see.

Where is she!?

As far as I know, she should be running like a rabbit here and there, like she did in my penthouse.
Making angry faces on my baseless commands, yet doing it while muttering curses under her breath. I liked pissing her off, and this I realized after she left.
I never liked anyone's food and my diet reduced to half. This time Nonna's assumption may be true. Also, I have been working tirelessly because any PA that I hired would never be able to match my standard of work, and would be fired in maximum two hours.
I was also feeling guilty all the while and so I am here to apologize and ask or more precisely request her to join back the work.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the voice of someone coughing and yes laughing.
The two humans beside me completely lost it.

David however spoke up, "Looking for something!? Or someone!?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Yeah! Looking for someone who could give me a lid for your mouth. Dickhead!"

"You asshole!"

"No cussing boys!", Nonna interrupted our banters and I went towards my room hoping to get a glimpse of her.

The long corridor leading to my room had all the guestrooms locked.

Where is she!? Is she still angry on me.

I got in my room, and changed in some casuals.

I drifted towards my window and my eyes fell upon the small garden refreshing all those beautiful memories of my life. Things were so good then.
I felt so complete with her.
Evelyn!
A smile crept on my lips remembering the name that always warms my heart.

Yet, it brings back the idea of so much I have lost in my life. The void in my heart starts eating me again!

I decided to go to Evelyn's room and take a nap there. That's what has been comforting me for years.

And it will do even today!

E R I C A

He is here!
Oh god! Save me!

I can't deal with him.
"He isn't what he pretends to be!", Nonna's words rang up in my ears.
I hope that was truth.
And now after getting rid off me, he wouldn't care to bother me.

I wore a sundress that nonna said I should wear. God knows why but she said I should focus more on myself and that looking beautiful will make me feel beautiful.

However, the relief was this sundress hid my body well. My neck, nape, chest, upper arm and stomach, nothing was visible in this. My marks don't need to flaunt themselves. Because I know, if anyone sees them, they will run far away from me. And that was the last thing I wanted.

I was ready and so taking deep breaths, I decided to go and greet my former boss aka Mr. Eric Ashton!
After all it is his home also.

I was about to open the door when it did the task for itself.
Quite taken aback by the sound, I took a step back, only to let my eyes meet with the most enchanting yet dangerous eyes.

My ex-boss!

⚫