59.

E R I C

She looked taken aback? Her eyes were trained on the tattoo as if she will eat it alive.
Her eyes showed disbelief, and her actions told she didn't like it. One bit..

But I would have been shocked more if she would have been glad I got a tattoo of her name. That's what she is. Well, I don't regret it a bit but I planned to show it to her when my pain will be all gone, so I could say it isn't a great deal. Not that it is. But for her probably earth came down.

Before I could comprehend, a push came on my shoulder, "How dare you!!?? Why the fuck did you do this???"

Her eyes were already filled and her body language gave a clear message of how furious she is.

I took a deep breath, and smiled a little, "Erica it doesn't hurt. You see I have all my left shoulder inked. This is a small thing."

That if possible infuriated her more, "Yeah! It doesn't hurt. That is the reason you are wincing in pain! Are you mad Eric? Do you even know what this means??"

I sighed and walked towards her, "I know. And I even know that there's nothing better I could do!"

She shook her head exasperated, "If I would have done that it was reasonable because I. Love. You! You don't love me! Marking my name on your body, when you are not sure of what you really feel about me is utterly insane Eric!"

I was offended by that would be an understatement. Her saying that meant she thinks my feelings are less than hers, and that just because she told me she loves me and I didn't.
Does she really thinks what I feel for her lacks in something!?

I stared at her for a while, "It's not a competition Erica! I did it because this seemed right. Now, when you are looking at me with so much pain, it looks even more right knowing my pain bothers you so much! And it's my body, I can ink your name, your birth date, your favourite colour, your favourite food, may be even your face, your email, your phone number and you can't stop me!"

She clenched and unclenched her fist in obvious anger and then suddenly left the room.
I sighed to myself already distraught at the thought that she is upset with me. I pushed away the first aid box and sat on my chair with slumped shoulders, still not wanting to wear my shirt.

I think she wouldn't come back now...

But I was proved wrong, when she strolled in with some solution in her hand.

I was watching her with interest as she pulled out some cotton, and came to stand just near my seat.

She drenched the cotton in the solution, and gently removing my hand uncovered the tattoo and looked at it with anger.

Slowly she started applying that solution on it, and the chilling sensation definitely eased the burn, "You shouldn't look at it with so much detest Erica?"

She shook her head and sneered, "You can't really expect me to look at the think with love that caused you so much pain, be it my name!"

Isn't she the most beautiful woman on earth? Both inside out? I swear if I did it for any other women, she would have kissed me with eyes filled with happy tears. That's what dramatic women do.

Once done, she pulled back but I only grabbed her to bring me near, "Your kiss would work better than that!"

"You aren't getting one you asshole!!"

*

Her anger subsided by the end of the and worry took over.
By then, I was already ordered to wear t-shirts or better nothing. It is advised the tattoo heals easily when you leave it open in air. And that was what I did as I was lying in my bed, wait her.