Chapter 42: Unsaid goodbyes

Vienna's POV

"Where have you been love" He asked after looking in some deep thoughts for a while.

He asked the very question that I have been dreading...that I wished that he wouldn't ask but of course who was I kidding? Myself?

I already knew the fact that he would have many questions ready for me and the first one would be that where have I been? That where was I all this time? And now why am I back suddenly?

Well the last question's answer is quite simple but I'm not so sure about the other two.

I expected him to be shocked after seeing me, which he was but what I didn't expect was that he would be nice to me...I kind of expected him to hate me...well because of obvious reasons.

Though there's also another thing that I didn't expect and that's that he already knew that I never left for Canada, that I ditched my flight to come back to him...but I don't know how long he has known that.

I'm sure it's Nancy who told Ryan about my whereabouts because only she knew that I never returned to Canada and of course, she just couldn't keep this small little secret to herself.

But after giving it a second thought I think that it's not her fault actually...she must have just wanted to check up on me and maybe in that process Ryan got to know that I'm not in Canada.

I mean she must be thinking that I went back to Ryan because that's what I told her when I left the airport that day...and that's exactly what I was going to do until...

"Vienna. I asked you something" Ryan's voice snapped me back to reality, breaking the chain of my thoughts as I looked at him and just by the look on his face and by the tone of his voice I could tell that he wasn't in his softy-softy mood anymore.

And of course whenever he uses my name to address me I just know it that he's in a serious mood.

"Where have you been all this time Vienna" He asked yet again.

"If you left the airport to come back to me as you say you did then where were you all these months...why did you show up just now...three months later...is that how long it takes to reach here from the airport" He added with a slight hint of sarcasm.

"I..." I tried speaking only to be interrupted by him.

"And listen Vienna, I just want to hear the truth and nothing else because honestly I'm done playing these games...so whatever you say, just be honest...that's if you are even going to answer my questions" He said as I gulped subconsciously, suddenly feeling anxious about telling him the truth.

Will he accept me after knowing what happened?

Will he forgive me?

Or will he hate me for real this time?

"Ryan I..." I tried speaking only to be trailed off as I started having some breathing issues suddenly.

This is not the first time I'm having problem in breathing, it's the second time...the first time was when I came to know that dreadful news...that I lost the most precious gift that God has ever given me.

"What's wrong love? Are you alright" Ryan asked with a concerned and yet confused look on his face as he realized that I was having a hard time breathing.

"Just calm down and breathe slowly" He added softly as I did exactly what he asked me to.

"Come" He murmured and without even waiting for my reply he held my hand gently and led me upstairs as I just followed his lead not even wondering where he was taking me.