Chapter 35: He was happy

Vienna's POV

"I aborted it" I said.

"This night is so damn beautiful" He said after a long moment of silence, as if talking to himself which made me wonder if he even heard what I said or not.

I just said something so serious and so important and there he is, praising the beauty of this night.

"You have always loved such starry nights Vienna, right" He added looking up at the sky and as I reached by his side slowly I realized that his eyes were closed.

Wait. Vienna?

He doesn't calls me by my name very often.

"I remember how we used to spend hours talking, under such starry nights...wrapped in each others arms staring at the beautiful, dark sky" He said.

"Memories" He mumbled chuckling.

"But it's all in the past now...it doesn't really matters anymore...right" He said opening his eyes and glancing at me once before taking a sip from his glass.

"Did you not hear what I said" I asked cautiously.

"Oh what were you saying" He asked.

"I aborted your baby Ryan" I replied without beating around the bush anymore.

"Ah...my baby...actually I was just messing with you, I heard you the first time" He said winking as I almost gasped at his behaviour.

Is he not understanding what I'm trying to say?

Doesn't he knows the meaning of abortion?

"How could you do this Vienna" He said through his gritted teeth, looking straight into my eyes as I couldn't help but gulp seeing the raging look in his eyes before he bursted out into laughter.

"Oh God" He murmured trying to catch his breath.

"I'm so bad at acting..." He paused finally getting a hold on his laughter.

"Unlike you" He continued in a series tone.

"I don't understand" I said nervously.

"You didn't expect this kind of reaction right" He replied.

"Well I would have reacted way more differently...only if I hadn't known the truth..." He paused.

"The truth that...you were never pregnant in the first place" He continued as I felt all the blood turning cold in my veins and chills ran down my spine as I held the railing with my sweaty palms, for some support.

This is what I feared.

This is what I was so terrified about.

And my fear has just turned into cruel reality.

Fuck.

No.

This cannot be happening...please someone tell me that this is a bad dream...please.

"And for aborting the baby, first there needs to exist a baby...hence that explains why I didn't react the way I should have, when you dropped the bomb on me" He added gulping down the last of what was left in his glass in one go.

"You lied to me" He mumbled a moment later.

"You fucking lied to me" He repeated his own words with a dry chuckle.

"How did you know" I murmured out the question in a shaky voice which was barely audible, even to my own ears which made me wonder if he heard me or not.