Chapter 52: Scars on my soul

Vienna's POV

"Ryan..." I mumbled in a sleepy state as I felt his warmth missing.

A moment later as I got no reply from him, I reached out to the other side of the bed, only to find it cold and vacant.

Frowning I opened my eyes.

Where is he?

I wondered with a bit disoriented mind, glancing around the room with my still sleepy eyes.

Thinking that he must be out talking to Alexander or attending some important call maybe, I made my way towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.

"There you are, I was starting to think that you ran away again" Ryan joked as I stepped out of the bathroom in an off-white bathrobe.

"Kidding" He mumbled with a shrug as I just rolled my eyes at his silly joke, which almost sounded more like a taunt to me but I know it wasn't, it's just me overthinking.

"And here I was thinking that you left me all alone in the middle of nowhere but water" I replied jokingly as he loosely wrapped his arms around my waist and I encircled mine around his neck.

"That's not even the last thing that I would ever do" He said with some kind of softness in his eyes as I tiptoed to kiss him.

"I love you, baby" I mumbled pulling away.

"I love you too..." He replied stealing another quick kiss before continuing.

"Breakfast is ready, gospozha" He continued, saying the last word, which I obviously didn't understand, with a hint of Russian accent.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Breakfast is ready, madam" He replied with a slight dramatic bow.

"Was that Russian" I asked.

"Yeah, it was" He replied.

"I had no idea you could speak Russian" I said kinda amused.

"Well, I agree I spent most of my life in Canada but at the end of the day, my roots are still in Russia so..." He trailed off with a shrug as I nodded my head.

"Well then you need to teach me how to speak Russian" I said excited.

"Why?" He asked chuckling.

"You don't need to learn Russian" He stated without even giving me a chance to reply as I frowned at him.

"No, I need to, so that I can understand when you speak in Russian in front of me" I replied.

"I would speak in Russian only when I don't want you to understand a thing of what I'm saying" He said.

"Exactly why I want to learn Russian" I replied grinning.

"And exactly why I don't want you to learn Russian" He said with a hint of smirk.

"And by that I assume you mean to say that you want to or you would hide things from me in the future" I said narrowing my eyes as he just laughed at my face.

"Damn! Woman, you are being so interrogative. What's up with you?" He asked as his laughter turned into small, soft chuckles.

"Nothings up...I just don't want you to hide anything from me...because honestly I would never hide anything from you..." I paused.

"We should never hide anything from the people we love, Ryan" I continued in a much more serious tone now.

"I promise you, I'll always tell you everything and anything that you should know..." He paused cupping my cheeks before placing a soft lingering kiss on my forehead.