Chapter 16: His only escape

David's POV

"Jesus" I murmured as I walked out of Ryan's study.

I have no idea how am I supposed to handle him. I don't trust him anymore. I just hope that Vienna doesn't does what we all are think she's planning because if that happens I don't know what Ryan will do.

I'm sure he'll do something insane because just imagine if he can get so mad just by knowing the fact that some guy proposed Vienna then god forbid I don't know what will happen if she actually gets married before we get there.

I mean of course we have some man over there and they won't let that happen but at the end of the day everything will get really messy.

God! I curse myself for helping Vienna out of here. I don't know what I was thinking while I helped her. It's just that I have always considered her as a sister and when she asked me for help I just couldn't say no.

And now I'm dealing with the consequences of not being able to say a simple no.

No I'm not scared for myself...I'm not scared about what Ryan will probably do to me if we can't find Vienna.

Rather I'm worried and yes maybe I'm a little scared too, for my best friend who has always been there for me whenever I needed him and what did I do in return?

I helped his girlfriend escape.

What kind of friend does that makes me?

Sure she was here against her consent but it was their personal matter, they would have sorted it out at some point but no I just had to poke my nose in someone else's business...it wasn't my right or job to do that man and now that I had done it, I feel so damn guilty.

I feel like I have somehow betrayed my friend.

And I can't even blame Ryan if he thinks that all this happened because of me because in fact it has happened because of me and if I was in Ryan's shoes then I would have blamed myself too.

But right now I'm just worried for Ryan...I just hope that we reach there on time.

Unfortunately if Vienna leaves her hometown or something before we get there, I just hope that Ryan doesn't breaks down because I can handle an angry...a mad Ryan but definitely not a broken one.

Once we get there I'll talk to Vienna...I'll make her understand that it's not just that Ryan wants her...he actually needs her in his life. He has been through so much...he has seen so much at the age where people have so many dreams in their eyes.

He has lost too much already and it's just now that I realized that he can't afford to lose his love...and I'll make sure he doesn't.

"Michael we have to leave for Canada as soon as possible so please call Den and ask him to make all the arrangements..." I paused trying to remember if I'm forgetting something.

"Okay should I inform the bodyguards that we...wait why are we even going to Canada in the first place" He asked interrupting my thoughts.

"I mean if I know the reason then I'll be able to predict how many guards we'll need there. Is it a business meeting or something" He added. 

"No it's not something related to business...do you think Ryan is in the shape to attend any business meetings right now" I replied.

"It's personal" I added shortly.

"Oh it's about Vienna ma'am" He stated as I nodded knowing that I can trust him on this.

"Yes. So I think since it's a very personal matter I don't want too many guards along with us...just Den, you, me and a few guards would be fine" I replied.