Chapter 14: The Game of Royals

Start from the beginning

"Stop Cali!" Eudayme ordered. But Cali ignored it.

"-I asked him what is it then he told me that its precious to him and that he forgot to where did he put it that's why his room was a mess. His eyes were teary while finding it. Of course, being me, I did not help him. It took him more or less 20 minutes to locate wherever it is. He almost jumped and-"

Naputol ang sinasabi ni Cali nang isubo ni Eudayme ang mansanas na kanyang kinakain sa bibig ni Cali. Cali gave him his deadly glare to Eudayme.

He took a bite at the apple before removing it and giving it back to Eudayme.

"I told you to st-" Said Eudayme.

"-he almost cried. Oh! I forgot to tell you that the board was located in the drawer to where his underwe-"

Muli na namang isinubo ni Eudayme and apple sa bibig ni Cali. Hindi ko napigilan ang aking tawa dahil sa ginagawa ng dalawa. Are these two really rivals? They don't look like to me.

"Enough!" Eudayme slightly raised his voice while looking at Cali's eyes intently.

"Fine." Cali surrendered. "Anyway, he brought that board in here because he thought that you are bored and wanted some entertainment."

Eudayme nodded, smiling widely and turning his head to me. I smiled in return that made his cheeks blushed a little.

"Yup! So, which side do you like to play?" He asked me while preparing the chess board.

"I choose white. Though I don't know exactly how to play chess." I said.

"Don't worry, Cali can help you with it. It will be a 2 vs. 1, don't worry about me, I'm a pro player in chess." He said proudly while putting his right hand in his chest.

I saw Cali rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. Nang matapos ng iset-up ni Eudayme ang mga chess pieces ay pumunta naman ako sa pwesto nila.

Sa couch inilapag ni Eudayme ang chess board kaya naman ay sa couch din ako naupo. Sa kabilang side naman ng couch si Eudayme umupo at si Cali sa sahig.

Nagtalo muna ang dalawa bago umupo si Cali sa sahig. Bakit daw kasi siya pa ang uupo sa sahig eh pwede naman daw si Eudayme na lang.

In the end, I was the one who stopped the two from arguing about who will sit on the floor. Cali, having no choice sat on the floor, I saw Eudayme that time, stucked out his tongue, and uttered the word 'bleh!' to Cali, to which the latter rolled his eyes.

"Are you ready?" Eudayme asked me and I nodded in return. 

This is kind exciting! I have never played chess before but I saw some of my schoolmates played it in my former school in Manila. Its really hard to be imprisoned at your own house and you have no one to play with, except yourself.

"White will be the first one to move, I suggest to move first the horse to C3." Cali whispered to me. I followed what he said and moved the horse from B1 to C3. Though I haven't played yet a chess before, I already know the layout and the functions of each pieces.

"Nice move!" Eudayme said and he moved his pawn from A7 to A6. 

My turn and I moved my pawn G2to G3. Cali is just observing each pieces, both mine and Eudayme's intently. Eudayme moved his horse from G8 to H6.

It took me 10 seconds to move my piece. I moved the pawn from A2 to A3. I saw Eudayme smiled at me and he moved his horse from H6 to F5. I can see that he's concentrating and thinking carefully. 

"Move your pawn from G3 to G4." Cali said to which I immediately followed. By the time I placed my pawn, I saw Eudayme smirked and looked at Cali.

He moved his horse back to where it was placed before, H6. "That was a close one!" he said, looking at me saying that its my turn.