sunkist, #11 | 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧-𝐢𝐧-𝐥𝐚𝐰

#11 | 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧-𝐢𝐧-𝐥𝐚𝐰

ᵉʸᵉˢ ᵇʳᵒʷⁿ, ʷᵃʳᵐ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒˢᵗᵃˡᵍⁱᶜ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗⁱᵗᵃⁿⁱᶜ.

tendou's new cousin

"Japan-san..." Hinata trailed off after seeing the man before her raising his hand as a motion for her to stop.

"Wakatoshi. Call me Wakatoshi." He bluntly said which sounds like an order. After much thought, Ushijima decided that he wants to get close to Hinata Shoyo and the first step is by getting familiar with calling each other by their given name.

Hinata was baffled because she knows from the magazine that the boy was older than her by two years — 'does that mean he wants to be friends.' She giggled at the thought which earned her a confused look from one of the top three aces.

"W-Wakatoshi-san." Hinata tested how the name sounds coming from her mouth. She kinda likes it but it's kind of a mouthful... and it sounds too formal.

"Then Toshi-kun! You can call me Shoyo!" She said cheerfully. Excited by the fact that she might be gaining a new friend — 'One of the top three high school aces in Japan~'

While Hinata was rejoicing about her new found friend and thinking of ways for him to teach her some tips and tricks in Volleyball, not noticing the elated expression he has on his usually strict face.

Ushijima was a bit bemused about the current situation but nonetheless — he was ecstatic. He thought that his name, Wakatoshi, felt nice rolling off her tongue. It made him feel like his name just became extra special. But hearing Toshi — a nickname he never had before — leaving her strawberry lips, he felt giddy. The happiness he felt hearing that nickname can rival the happiness he experienced when he found out that he'll be part of the youth representative of Japan through volleyball.

Hinata Shoyo just made him want to change his name to Toshi. Legally. Birth certificate. Going through law. But after much reconsideration, he yeeted it out of his brain as soon as it crossed his mind. He only wants her to call him Toshi. No one else but Hinata.

Hinata looked at Ushijima's soft expression after not hearing and seeing any sign of disapproval from the top three ace, she considered that they are officially friends.

"Then we're friends now! I gave you a nickname already. This is so exciting! I'm friends with Ushiwaka!" Hinata exclaimed happily and continued showering mountains of compliment to the miracle boy — which Wakatoshi unintentionally tuned out — he's busy over thinking about what Hinata said.

'Nickname.'

Ushijima pondered over that word. It's not foreign or anything but coming from her, it feels like something he never had before.