Chapter 20

Crystal's P.O.V.

Surprise!

I felt the cold air blow by and heard the screams of the dead when Mrs. O'Leary jumped into the shadows.

It was only a second, but it felt like forever.

I opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings.

We were on the other side of a river. The river snaked around the valley.

There were many dirt paths that led to different places.

On a hill, I saw a bunch of temples going up, but there was a temple bigger than the rest at the top.

Another way, there were towers and such, which must be where the Romans trained.

There were stables nearby.

I also saw a city.

New Rome.

I stared around me in awe.

When I looked in front of us, there were many people dressed in armour.

One girl was in the front. She looked about sixteen.

She had long black hair that was tied in a braid. Her eyes were deep brown. Her skin was tanned skin glistened in the sun.

I think that's some of Reyna's features, I'm too lazy to find the page that describes her in the book so whatever.

Her stare was intense, I could tell she was a great leader.

She had two dogs on either side of her. One of gold, the other of silver, both had ruby red eyes.

I was fascinated by them. I've never seen anything like them.

On the other side of the girl was a boy who looked about sixteen. He looked Chinese and he was burly and tall. He had a little bit of baby fat on his face.

His hair was black and was in a military cut. His eyes were dark, like Reyna's but didn't have that intense stare, they were more gentle.

Then there was another girl besides him.

She had curly cinnamon-toast colored hair, her amber eyes shone bright with small flecks of gold here and there. Her skin was the color of chocolate you could say. She was short compared to the boy. She looked at least fourteen.

Nico and (y/n) started getting off Mrs. O'Leary. I followed suit.

"Hey Nico!" The short girl beside the boy waved.

"Hi Hazel." Nico waved back, smiling a little.

Hazel....oh right! She is Nico's half-sister!

Nico and (y/n) walked up to the three people.

"(Y/n), Crystal, this is praetors Reyna and Frank, then this is my sister Hazel." Nico introduced us.

"Hi!" (Y/n) smiled brightly.

I just waved shyly. I'm not use to people really.

"Hello! You must be (y/n)! I have heard a lot about you from Nico!" Hazel smiled brightly.

"Oh really?" (Y/n) smirked at Nico.

Nico was avoiding her gaze.

I chuckled slightly.

"What's your name?" The other girl, Reyna, asked.

"My..um...my name is Crystal, Crystal Laurens. Daughter of Apollo." I told her.