Chapter 2: First Date

Start from the beginning

I took them from him and instinctively put them up to my nose to smell. "Thank you, you didn't have to do that."

"What kind of first date would it be if I didn't get you flowers," he said letting that dimpled smile come out once more. "We should be heading out though, our reservation is in fifteen minutes at Gambigabo Ristorante," he said and took my hand to lead me to the door. His large hand consumed mine with its warmth and size. We walked past Ana and I handed her my flowers as we did.

Wow, she mother to me as we did and all I could do was mouth back, I know before we were out the door and heading down the stairs.

He held the door open for me as we walked out the apartment complex's entrance. In front sat a blue new model BMW.

He walked to the passenger side door and held it open for me.

"Thank you," I replied as he shut the door and headed to the drivers side.

My phone buzzed as he did and I quickly glanced at it as he pulled out of the parking spot and made his way down the road. It was from Ana of course.

Ana

I swear Evie, if you don't sleep with him tonight I will!

I laughed quietly and turned to see Liam glancing at me with a smile. "Your roommate seems nice," he said almost sensing her words.

"Nice, but a handful," I replied quickly typing back stop it, before silencing my phone and shoving it into my bag, not wanting to seem rude or distracted.

"I can see that. She asked me about 15 different questions in the two minutes it took for you to come out of the room," he said laughing and pulling into the valet parking spot in front of the expensive five-star restaurant we were going to be eating at. Living downtown Chicago had its perks, nearby restaurants and shops, but it was all so expensive, without the help of my parents and roommate there would've been no way for me to live where I did.

"Wait here," he told me and came around to my door and opened it, taking my hand to help me out.

He handed the valet the key and took my hand to lead me into the restaurant.

"Reservation for Dr. O'Connell," he said as we made our way up to the front podium where a tall skinny young blonde stood waiting for us.

I silently cursed myself for never asking him his last name yesterday and discovering it on our date today. This guy already knew my first and last name, address, and place I worked and I hadn't even bothered to ask him his last name! 

"Of course, right this way Dr. O'Connell," the blonde said, sashaying her hips back and forth as she led us to a table away from a ton of other people and to the back.

She held out her hand to indicate that we had arrived at our table and Liam pulled out my seat for me to sit down.  I shook my head, astonished by his politeness and how gentlemen like he was, my recent ex Oliver never seemed to do things like this for me, especially in the last six months we had been together.

After the blonde left us, and we waited for the waiter, we sat for a moment in silence. One of my worst traits was getting extremely quiet when I was nervous and again like the car he seemed to know and said, "Nervous," with his perfect smile.

"A little," I replied deciding to be honest.

"You have no reason to be nervous Evelyn, if anyone it should be me."

"Why's that," I asked lifting an eyebrow at him in response.

"Take a look around," he said holding his up his hands to motion towards the entire restaurant to really prove his point, "I'm pretty sure I'm on a date with the most attractive woman in Chicago."