Don't Stand In My Way(35)

Dipper POV

Stan had really left.

Three days is what I have to get the hell out of here and back to Gravity Falls.

And I'll be damned if anyone thinks I'm not leaving tonight.

Packing what little I cared about was harder than I thought, I started with a few books, than a few small inventions, then my journal, and a few more things. It was starting to set in that I didn't know when the next time I would come back here.

I want to see what's between me and Bill, but he's the god of his forest and I doubt he'd be willing to leave. I know how gorgeous the place is.

I looked around the old tiny room, the walls where dark blue paint covered what once was bright baby pink, the string lights I had made and hung around the windows, and my desk covered in half finished projects and papers, the scattered pens and pencils which had never seen the home of the pen holders on the edge of the desk.

I had grown up in this room and lived my life here, coming to terms with leaving it, was harder than expected.

Was I really ready to give up the life I had worked so hard for here for a man I have just met? Sure he's a dream wrapped in perfection, the first person to ever show interest in my nonsense. He was the first to really be interested in what I enjoy, the first to go out of his way for me. Pretty damn heroic too, the whole saving the damsel in distress thing.

I basically jumped out of my skin when Mabel knocked on my door.

"Dipper? Come on please come eat dinner." Before I could tuck the bag away and hide it she opened the door, "I'm sorry Dipper but please-" She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the bag. "Dipper?"

"Mabel, listen." I started trying to back track my way out of this and find another way out.

"Dipper wait-" she grabbed my arm.

"No Mabel I won't-"

Smack! "Dipper Listen!" My arm stung a little where she hit me, but it got her what she wanted, I stopped and stared at her. "Dipper, I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. I didn't mean to tell them, and when I did- I couldn't stop them from running to you. I'm so sorry, I know you weren't ready to come home and this really isn't the way it should have happened. I- don't trust that god and I think you should steer clear of him, but Wendy. I hate that we left her like that and you two where really getting close again. I sorry for tearing you away from that." She was starting to ramble something she always did when thinking too much, guess it runs in the family.

"Mabel, stop." I cut her off pulling my arm from her.

"Sorry, what I'm saying is. I know you're leaving and I want to let you go, I want to help you get back to Gravity Falls." She breathed stepping out of the doorway, clearing my path.

"Really?" I asked, every part of me wanted to believe her, wanted to put my trust back in my sister. I've been burned by her before.

"Thank you Mabel, really. But I can get back to Gravity Falls on my own." I slug my bag over my shoulder.

"Dipper, Stan told every bus driver from here to Gravity Falls not to let you on their busses. To call him if you ever even tried." I raised a brow at her.

"I can't believe him, I get back a different way. I don't need your help." I walked passed her out of my room, for the first time in a few days I had left my room. And for the first time since we got here, I went down stairs.

"Oh ya and how you gonna do that?" she asked, walking on my heels.

"I don't know, jack someone's car or walk maybe?" I joked but really I didn't know. There's a town 3 miles over, I could take a bus from there back to Gravity Falls, Stan and Ford are careful but I doubt they would pay off the buses in surrounding towns too. "I could take the bus." I hummed to myself walking into the kitchen.