Talk To Me(14)

Lowsmith POV

As we moved back towards the shack we ran into everyone but Maro and Tomason. We kept our eyes out for them but didn't see them till we made it to the shack and found them sitting out on the front porch looking diased.

"What the hell are you two doing back here, why didn't you tell us you had returned." Stan scolded pointing an accusatory finger between the two.

"We couldn't, one moment we were in the forest and the next- we were back here,"Maro said slowly.

"How the hell-" Ford started but Tomason cut him off.

"The God, we ran into him."

My interest peaked, I had been eyeing Wendy and Mabel trying to think of the best time to pull them aside and speak with them, I turned to him, kneeling to make eye contact, "Come let's go inside, tell us everything that happened between you and the God. I want to know everything he said and did."

They nodded, standing with me. Stan led everyone inside to the kitchen for food and drinks but I stopped the two men in the living room so we could speak alone.

"Tell me everything you remember," I asked but made sure it was clear there was only one answer.

"Maro spotted him first, called out to the God first while I tried to call for Ford. When I realized my shouts wouldn't reach any of you I trained my gun on him from over Maro's shoulder." Tomason retold, Maro nodding along.

"What did he say to you, how did he act?" I pushed, wanting to know more about the God and less about how they reacted to him.

"He only asked us to leave, when he saw our weapons he raised his hands and stopped walking. We made it clear we knew what he was but he didn't seem to care. He just focused on asking us to leave, when I told him to give us back the boy he just shrugged it off. Then somehow with a snap of his fingers we were back here."

"When you mentioned the boy what did he say exactly?" I asked pressing again.

Tomason raised a questioning brow at me like he didn't understand why I would ask such a silly question. Maro thankful gave me an actual answer, "He said 'I'm sorry but I can't do that.' I remember because it was strange that he said sorry."

"Thank you men, go get some food and water. You two have definitely earned it." I smiled releasing them, they smiled back and nodded their own thank you to me before departing for the kitchen, "Can you do one last thing for me," I asked right before they reached the kitchen door.

"Of course," Maro answered.

"Tell Wendy and Mabel to come see me."

He nodded and they both disappeared into the kitchen. Not even a minute after they left Mabel and Wendy pecked out of the kitchen.

"You had something you wanted to ask us, Caption?" Wendy asked.

"Yes, please take a seat girls." I guesstured to the couch, they nodded but they both had a look of unsess, like they had just been called to the principal's office without being told why.

"What can we tell you, Caption?" Mabel asked, I could hear how nervous she felt in her voice.

"Can you two tell me about the other day, When Dipper ran away?" I asked as nicely as I could, being nicer with them so they would tell me what I needed to hear.

Wendy sighed, "I was waiting for someone to ask us what happened."

"Start from the beginning."

Wendy looks to Mabel for her to start because she hadn't been there for the very beginning.

"I took Dipper upstairs and cleaned up his face, nothing happened, he stayed quiet because I told him to and when done I just sat down on my bed, I wanted to say something but I didn't know where to start so we just sat in silence. That's when Wendy knocked and came in." She didn't seem to want to say more.

Wendy was aware of this and took on the job of explaining it to me for her from there, " when I got there I was barely there for a minute before something hit the window, it startled all of us. Mabel was the one to check it, before me or Dipper could join her at the window she came flying back freaked out by what she saw."

"It was Bill Cipher, it was the God." Mabel's voice shook, Wendy put a hand on her shoulder.

"Ya it was, he had a pile of rocks at his feet and a latter with him. Dipper opened the window and leaned out to talk to him like it was nothing. But Mabel dragged him back in and closed the window." Wendy explained, her focus more on Mabel than me, but as long as she kept talking I could care less where her focus was. "Dipper shouted at us, saying things like he was a friend and that we shouldn't be freaking out so much. He opened the window again and the God used the latter to climb in." she paused.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It was so weird, the God acted friendly towards Dipper and even freaked out when he saw Dipper's face, checking it over and over, prying into what happened and if he was ok." she went on.

"Acted?" I cut her off to point out, "Was he acting?"

"Well- no... I don't know. I don't think so I guess, it didn't seem like acting. He had totally forgotten me and Mabel were in the room when he saw Dipper's face. I had to verbally remind him and Dipper that we were there. When he did acknowledge us he seemed protective of Dipper. We wanted to go talk to their Grunkles about this but the God didn't want him to go, and I know Dipper didn't want to either. I don't blame him for that. When I moved to take his hand he flinched away from me and fell into the God. He wrapped his arm around Dipper and then plunged them both out the window. At first Dipper screamed but we watched him run away with the God."

"What if he doesn't want to come home?" Mabel asked me.

"We have to ask him that to make sure, but I doubt he'll stay away forever." I tried to console her, this was starting to sound more and more like an added runaway instead of a kidnapping.

But I believe hell will freeze over before I can convince Ford of that.

"Thank you girls, let's go back and join the others." I decided I had got everything I would from the two of them, I led them back to the kitchen where a sandwich and water awaited me next to Stan at their table.

_________________________________________________

I know I just said in the last chapter that I was starting to make the chapters longer but I wanted this chapter to be its own.

What do you guys think; Lowsmith, good or bad guy?