Nose to Nose Confrontation(23)

Bill POV

I let go of the man's arm as he led but made sure to stay close enough to enforce me control, my power of this mortal being, if he even thinks of lying or leaned me to a dead end and wasting my time, I will make sure he regrets it.

He led me around the edge of town, I'm sure that was to keep from drawing eyes to us.

"Her house is right up this way," he said pointing down a street before turning down it. About half down the street he stopped in front of a small brown house.

"This is it." He said pausing, stalling, "You're not gonna hurt the boy right? The way he talked about you sounded like he trusted you." He was eyeing me.

"He stole from me," I growled instinctively.

"And the last time he did that you tormented the town because he wasn't here. Occupational hazard to worry about the kid." He explained, looking back up at the house.

"He's an adult."

"Still part of the job."

I growled again, "Done talking, I'm going inside." Storming up the steps of the house to the front door, I could hear him coming up on my heels. With one swift move I forced the door in.

"Pinetree you here?" I shouted, "Sorry for barging in but we need to talk, you got something of mine again." I poked my head into every room one by one but each was empty, till I got to a small hallway of only three doors. One was open and the other two were closed.

The open one was empty, the next door led to an empty bathroom.

I did what I should logicly do when pissed off at someone, I knocked. "Pinetree, you in there? Little thief, where's my other journals?"

"Bill?' He called from in the room. He opened the door, he was dressed in strange new clothes that didn't fit him, he looked exhausted yet the bags under his eyes seemed to be lighter, the room behind him seemed to be in disarray, the bed wasn't made and it along with the floor was scattered with paper.

"How did you-" he cut himself off when he spotted the Caption, "What are you doing here? I thought I told you not to follow me." He asked changing the question.

"I wasn't going to, but then I found you took one of my journals again. I asked you not to go in there." I growled, paper shuffled under his feet when he leaned away from the hand I wrapped around the edge of the door. "Not only did you ignore that, you took a journal from me without asking." I continued starting to growl, stepping into the room and forcing him back further over the papers.

"Bill I-" he stuttered, his eyes flicked to the papers on the floor to me at the sound of the papers crumpling.

"You what! Thought that because I let you stay in my house that everything in there was free, up for grabs!!" I shouted, his legs hit the bed tripping him backwards.

"Hey!" the interruption came from behind me, the Caption grabbed my arm in a feeble attempt to back me away from the boy. But I'm not moving. The Caption pushed into the room forcing himself in between us as best he could till he stood chest to chest with me.

I simply looked down my nose at him, "You are not a part of this conversation, We do not need you here." I placed my hand on his shoulder, with a small push he evaperated.

Pinetree screamed, kicking and crawling he scrambled back into the corner of the bed forcing his body into the wall as far as he could.

"Relax," I huffed, shaking the hand I'd touched the Caption with, "He's not dead, I just sent him out of the house. He's probably back at the shack very confused, and he's most likely on his way back here with an angry mob."

Not a muscle in his body moved.

"I'm sorry," He hissed under his breath.

"Oh really?" I hummed picking up a few pages off the bed, sitting down in the now clear spot on the bed. Skimming through the writing a little. "This here," I tapped a line in his work, turning the page to him, "Close but the wrong translation."

I tossed the page at him, he flinched.

He didn't move for the page but I could see curiosity flick behind his eyes as he eyed the paper at his feet.

"You know, you should have asked. I would have said no, but still you didn't even try asking me about it." humming I eyed him over the pages in my hand. He wasn't looking at me, his eyes were glued to the page I had tossed to his feet.

"Where." he mumbled.

"Hmm?"

Slowly he unfurled from the corner and picked up the paper, setting it in his lap. "I don't see where I went wrong." his voice a little louder now, his brow furrowed in what looked to be irritation.

"There," I leaned over and tapped the line where the miss translation was.

His eyes shot up my arm and over my face.

"I'm sorry." he said again, "I don't know what else to say, I'm sorry."

The bed creaked under us as I shifted my weight closer to him, almost touching my nose to his.

"I don't believe you."

He stopped breathing, his eyes widened.

"You know what I'm going to do about it?" humming I could feel my own breath hover in the space between our faces, he shook his head. "Take this back." I rocked back quickly with my journal newly in hand, the first one he had taken from me a few years back.

It took a few seconds for the shock to fade for him to look between my face and my journal I was holding.

Pain contorted his face, "why that one, you can have the other one back if you want it." he stuttered, shaking his head, running his hand through his hair, scanning the room for my other journal that must be here somewhere among the pages and pages of deciphering.

I smirked, "You can give me that one back when you're done with it. Till then, I'm taking this one back with me."

"Why, why are you letting me finish reading this one?" he asked leaning forwards, he looked almost angry.

I paused, "Why not? You left I get it. You didn't want me coming after you I know. But you stole my journal, again, so what did you expect?" I breathe, the bed groaned a little at the loss of weight when I stood, "You want to read it so bad, fine. Read it. But I must have it back when you're done."I stepped over the pages on the floor stopping in the doorway of the borrowed bedroom. "You shouldn't stay here long, I'm pretty sure that Caption is on his way with your grunkles and most likely some angry townspeople."

With that, I left.

______________________________

Sorry this chapter is short and late, I was on vacation for the week and had no services.