The loud hissing is heard again.

Steven & Amethyst: Huh?

Garnet : There!

Garnet quickly tosses away the junk she is holding and takes a large leap forward, firing her gauntlets like rockets in the direction of the hissing. Her rocket gauntlets fly into a pile of junk and explode on contact. Garnet runs to the junk pile, smiling, but quickly frowns in disappointment.

Amethyst: WHOA MAMA! (runs up excitedly to Garnet*) Did ya get it!?

Garnet : No. (holds up her wrists as her gauntlets reappear*)

Amethyst: (looks disappointed, jumps into the junk pile and starts looking around*) Aw man, I think my favorite round thing was in there.

Garnet: (sigh*) I'll get you a new round thing.

Amethyst: Ugh, this is my stuff you're messing with! (starts throwing and kicking things around*)If it's gonna get wrecked, I'm gonna be the one to wreck it!

Some junks lands on a tentacle and it slithers away.

Amethyst: See, that's how it's d—

Amethyst keeps kicking her junk, when the tentacle emerges from the junk pile and strangles her. Steven watches in shock as Amethyst gets pulled under and poofed, leaving behind her gem.

At the Crystal Temple*

You are still helping pearl and greg on fixing his van. You have noticed that garnet and amethyst is nowhere to be seen, you concluded that they might be on their missions, proofing gems, retrieving crazy artifacts, or whatever do they so before you join the "crystal gems".  You now decided to ask pearl.

You: Pearl??(while fixing the engine*)

Pearl: Yes y/n?(stopped for a minute*) Do you need any help with something?

You: Where's Garnet and Amethyst? Are they doing a mission or something? I'm just really worried about them, and steven. Who knows on what is that little kid up to. He might be even doing those dangerous missions right about now.

Pearl: It can be a possibility, yes. But i think it will not be that dangerous.

You:(getting worried*) What do you mean "dangerous"?!

Pearl: I think it is the kind of missions that will be held on the temple.

You: Why? What's wrong with the temple?

Pearl: Well, i once saw a corrupted gem lurking inside the temple, it's called the "slinkler" by the way.  I later informed the rest of the Crystal gems about that thing so that we can take care of it early. But i guess, garnet and amethyst can handle it.

You:... BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU INFORM ME ABOUT IT UNTIL NOW!!

Pearl: (blushing embarrasingly*) Well -I- Uh. It's just that...

You: (irritated and face palms yourself*) You know what, I'll go help them find this corrupted gem monster called "the Slingker". You on the other hand, will stay here and help greg fix his van.

Pearl: Why do i have to stay here?

You: (while running to the beach house*) Because you lied to me!!
Steven: (gasps*) Amethyst got "poofed!"

Garnet: Slinker!

Garnet hears the Slinker slither away as she tries to look around to find it. Steven picks up Amethyst's gem and walks up behind Garnet, looking sad.

Steven: (whimpers and holds up Amethyst's gem*)Garnet?

Garnet: (turns around*) Steven, remember, our bodies are only an illusion. Amethyst will be fine.