Chapter 48.

The story starts with y/n leaving beach city. The crystal gems are waving their goodbyes at y/n while y/n is waving back.

"Don't worry guys, I'll be back as soon as I can. It won't take long." Y/N said before putting his helmet to his head.

"Do you really have to do this y/n?" Asks pearl. "We can accompany you with our help if you want."

Pearl suggested but y/n disagrees.

"Sighs, no pearl. It's best if I go alone." Y/N replied as he got on top of his motorcycle. "Someone has to protect steven from the shadow assassin and his fanboys."Y/N  explains before starting the engine.

"But y/n, we can bring steven with us-!" Pearl was about to complete a sentence but y/n just drove away very very fast.

"With you..." Pearl says with an annoyed face before looking at amethyst and garnet.

"By the way, where's steven?" Pearl asks. "Beats me. Last time I saw him, he's still knock out." Amethyst replied, garnet then puts her arm on amethyst's left shoulder.

"Amethyst, steven is in the arcade playing meat beat mania." Garnet added.

"How did you know?" Amethyst asks garnet.

"Simple, future vision." Garnet answered with a grin on her face.

"Anyway, I think we should discuss our next move on how to capture the shadow assassin." Garnet says, changing the entire topic.

"Y/N is right, we don't know the shadow assassin's next move. Leaving steven all alone will make him vulnerable to the shadow assassin and his goons and even if we bring steven with us, we don't know for sure if the shadow assassin had gotten stronger or not. Whether physically or influence, we are not sure of the shadow assassin's status as of now, and we can't take the risk to directly confront him, because if we did. Steven will be put in great danger." Garnet explains while amethyst just look at her with a confused look.

"Uhhh... in short.??" Amethyst asks garnet while Garnet has annoyed eyes underneath that mask.

"What I meant is that we are not sure if the shadow assassin had gotten powerful or not, and we can't risk it for steven's safety. And who knows, the shadow assassin might have more than three followers to support him." Garnet says, summarizing it.

"Owww, now I get it.. Sorta." Amethyst replied to garnet

"But Y/N is with us, right? Sure the shadow assassin might have more followers but y/n has the gem of a diamond, a very powerful diamond. I think we can manage the shadow assassin's followers if we have Y/N. Not to mention steven has rose's powers as well. And if that's not enough, we can bring peridot, Iron, and Lapis with us." Pearl argues to garnet but garnet just swing her head in. disagreement.

"First, peridot and Iron are busy with the results of Y/N's experiment and as for lapis, we don't know where she is. Second, both Y/N and steven haven't mastered their powers yet and third.  Until this day we still don't know where the shadow assassin came from. He could be an acquaintance of the human government. We are taking the risk of fighting the entire human government as we speak, and I'm not sure if we can trust Y/N at this point." Garnet further explains but the last few words caught the duo their attention.

"Garnet, what do you mean we can't trust y/n yet?" Pearl asks worried.

Garner looks around to make sure Y/N or anyone around before saying something. "We can't talk at this place, it's too risky. Let's go inside the temple first."

The three entered the house. Once they're inside, the temple is open but the way the temple  opened is different. The temple opened after amethyst, pearl, and garnet's light shined at the same time. The door opens and a new room appears. The door opens and at the inside it has a long table with chairs and weapons that are hanging on the wall with the crystal gem flag at the middle. The three entered closing the door.

The three sit down at the table, ready to discuss their plan.

"Garnet, what do you mean we can't trust Y/N yet?" Amethyst asks seriously at garnet. "Better yet, why can't we trust Y/N yet?" Pearl adds to the question.

"Allow me to explain." Garnet said as pearl and amethyst prepare for a long explanation. "Ever since we meet, Y/N has been a huge help to us by taking care of the cluster, peridot, iron, malachite, and many more. Y/N is a dedicated, strong, hardworking, good man. With these characteristics and many more, we become close to him, love him, and consider him as one of our own family but that's besides the point." Garnet said before removing her glasses.

"What I'm trying to say... Is that I think..." Garnet looks at them with a serious eye.

"Y/N is the shadow assassin." and he opens his left arm and projects the shadow assassin's face.

Pearl and amethyst's face are horrified after garnet's theory. Their new friend who had been with them on their hardest times, is their main enemy. To pearl this is devestating, not only she thinks Y/N as equal but a person who she can relate on loosing someone with, not only that Y/N is also the only man he had ever respected for a very long time, to pearl, all men she met on her life are just dumb, aroused, barbaric creatures but not Y/N.

To pearl, Y/N is not only smart  academically  but also emotionally smart. In short, pearl hated a lot of human men she met but Y/N is one of the few exception.

To amethyst, it is also the same thing except the "hating all men" part. To amethyst, Y/N is like a fun sibling to her, not only Y/N is like a sibling to her, Y/N is the only one who can relate to her with the pain of being created, born defect. Amethyst also thinks Y/N is really smart, but doesn't brag about it that much to her face (amethyst opinion).

To amethyst he is the perfect friend for her. And as for garnet...

Garnet trust y/n very much to the point of not looking at him because that's how she trust Y/N so much. Y/N is also a good leader to her eyes, if garnet is tired being a leader, Y/N can replace if needed to. Not only that, Garnet respects Y/N as well because he is knowledgeable about relationships.

"What makes you think Y/N is the shadow assassin garnet? Do you have any proof?" Amethyst asks garnet sounding a bit angry and a little worried.

"I have..." Garnet summons a box revealing the suit, the shadow assassin suit you hid at your house.

The two looked horrified seeing this evidence. You, my dear reader are being suspected by the crystal gems as the shadow assassin. And what will they do to you if they ever find out the truth?