Chapter 38.

Following the events of Super Watermelon Island, as Steven cuts his connection with the Crystal Gems on Mask Island.

Garnet : And Steven... We love you...

At The Barn*

???: Steven. Steven! STEVEN!!

Steven jolts awake, back in his body at the barn, and sees iron right beside him as the ground shakes and cracks. The chalkboard then falls on top of steven, with the illustration reading "Cluster Emerges, Bye Bye Earth", and Steven screams in fright.

Iron: Steven, are you alright?

Iron gets rid of the chalkboard.

Steven: Thanks iron, where is peridot?! We need to stop the cluster now!

Peridot is already standing atop a ladder leading into the cockpit of the drill.

Peridot: Steven, if you're done just lying there, maybe it's about time that we stop the world from ending! Where are the others!?

Steven and iron runs up to the ladder

Steven: They're stuck on Mask Island. We have to drill without them!

Peridot: Ugh! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE MEANING OF TEAMWORK?!

Peridot then enters the cockpit. Iron grabs steven's shoulder and turns him around.

Iron: Okay, Steven, are you ready to drill down into the planet to depths never before reached by your species to stop the Cluster before it forms and save your world!?

Steven: I don't know Iron!

Peridot: Don't say that! Say "we'll do it together and it's gonna be great!"

Steven: We're gonna do it together and it's gonna be great!

Peridot: LIAR!

The ground continues to shake more violently. Iron and Steven then scamper into the drill's cockpit. Steven and Peridot is in the front while iron is at the back.

Peridot: Ready or not, we have a mission.

Iron: Alright, peridot are you ready to save this planet and contribute your first help at the crystal gems?

Peridot: Ready as I'll ever be!!

Peridot said with great pride and starts up the drill and it begins digging into the ground.

Peridot Increasing speed!

The drill then quickly dive into the ground, digging deeply as it traverses.

Steven: Alright. Bracing for impact.

Peridot: It's actually two more hours to the cluster.

Iron: This could have been faster if we have used the resources that homeworld have. But I guess, that's all we have.

Iron said with a little disbelief and steven frowns.

Steven: Oh. Wish I'd brought some tunes.

Peridot turns on some elevator music.

Steven: Uh, thanks.

Iron, steven and peridot remain silent as the drill continues to dig further downwards. Steven's eyes are filled with anguish as he watches the layers of rock pass by. He shuts his eyes tightly, shakes his head and begins talking to Peridot as a distraction.

Steven It's kinda... freaky down here, huh?

Peridot Why's that?

Steven It's just dark, and cramped... Ngah, I can't even, gah, stretch out.