Chapter 47.

Inside steven's house*

You are shining you're sword inside steven's house thinking what will you find in that mountain. Will it be those trio that keeps bugging you, will it be jasper, will it be another corrupted gem monster, you'll never know. All you thought is that you must know whatever the hell it is. You clench you're eyes just by thinking about it while looking at the sword. The sword reflects your face and you smile a little because you're face is always serious at the time.

You: (sighs*) Damn, why am I always serious all the time? It's making my face old... It makes me feel old.

Suddenly you're yashiko eyes appear and then.

Amethyst: Hey pearl!!!

Amethyst shouts and it was too loud. It was like your eardrums broke for a second for how loud and intense amethyst's shout was. It was too intense you can't hear anything for a second. You stand up covering your ears, but something interesting happens. You smell something, you smell food, particularly the smell of chips in general. You look up at one of the kitchen drawers. And decided to walk up to it. Your ears still hurts after that loud scream amethyst did but it is getting better as time goes on. You open the drawer and reveals a bag of chips. You took it and look at the chip.

You: "Crazy potatoes" huh? Such a weird nickname for a junk food.

You look at the junk food's mascot which is a potato grinning man.

You: (clench your yashiko eyes*) But how could this be?

You: How can I smell that far? I'm sure the distance of the living room and the kitchen is atleast 100 centimeters. Can humans smell that far? I don't think we can, honestly. I mean, I was like smelling these junk food like it was near my face, near in my nose to be exact. But.. More importantly...

You recall the voice of amethyst shouting in your head.

You: How did I heard amethyst's voice like that? I heard it far inside the temple. And it felt like amethyst was walking really fast, I heard her foot stomps before her scream. She's probably looking for pearl. But how did I do that?

You: Hmm, strong hearing and strong scent. And that all happened after....

You: After I activated my yashiko eyes. Does that mean? I-

Suddenly the temple's door opens and it was non other than the crystal gems. You quickly put the chips back to where you found it before anyone notices it.

Amethyst: (looks at you*) Yoww, y/n there you are. What's up?

You touched your left temple of your head remembering the strange moment you had. The hearing of amethyst's step, smelling the chips while it's miles away. You want to tell them but you're afraid they'll get rid of you for the mission. They might do it because they are just looking out for you but you need to go there and to check their progress on finding well... you... The shadow assassin. Or even worse they are starting to suspect you already and they are can use this reason to investigate on you better. As soon as you realize the last reason, you decided you can't tell them.

You: (smiles awkwardly and rubs your  nape*) It's nothing amethyst, I was just looking for snacks before heading out for the mission. Hehe.

Pearl: (crosses arms*) Normally we don't let other people who don't live here go inside the house and steal steven's food. (pearl look at you*) But you're an exception y/n.

Pearl said with a smile on her face as you feel relieved. They trust you so much now. Months ago you thought you would just live here in these quiet town and yet look at you, fighting monsters with aliens at your side. You feel happy and content that you find a group of person that treats you like you are a part of them, a family that you want all your life. And yet the most ironic thing is that these rock aliens that are with you treats you more than you're actual family.