Chapter 20.

At the Crystal Temple*

Steven is sitting on the beach using his phone, while you, greg and pearl are seen fixing Greg's Van nearby. Steven's phone screen shows a picture of Sniffling Croissant.

Steven: Sniffling Croissant! (smiles*) You really know me, Internet. Hey, guys!

Greg: Yeah, Steven?

Steven: You guys should take this online quiz I found. It tells you what... (Pearl walks next to Steven to pick up a wrench*) It tells you what character you are from "Crying Breakfast Friends!"

Pearl: (confused*) Uh, why?

You: (checking the engine*) Steven, you know it's fake, right?

Steven: It's just for fun y/n, the point is to see yourself as a cartoon character, like Weeping Egg Cup, who is neurotic and uptight; or Pining Grapefruit, the sensitive older one who wishes he were a better role model.

The three listed characters are implied to be  You, Pearl and Greg, who stares uneasy at Steven.

Greg: Uh, maybe we can do that thing after we fix the van.

You: I agree. Steven, we can play with you after we fix greg's van, alright?

Pearl and Greg turn back to the van's open hood.

Steven: (sighs*) Okay, I'll go find someone else! (runs off*)

You now turned back, helping the two fix greg's van.

Pearl: (to Greg*) Do you understand that cartoon show?

Greg: (somberly*) I don't understand anything anymore.

Pearl:(to you*) What about you, y/n? Do you understand that cartoon show?

You: Nope, all i know is that most shows are not as good as what they used too.

Steven enters the Beach House, panting, and smiles when he sees Amethyst, browsing the refrigerator and holding a big pile of food items in her arm.

Amethyst: Hey Steven! Is there any more engine oil? (turns to Steven*) I need it for the sandwich
.
Steven: I think that's for cars...

Amethyst: Well... (kicks the refrigerator door shut*) Is there any more of it?(looks around*) Dude, where's y/n?

Steven: Y/N is helping them fix the van and dad's probably got some outside. Oh! But uh... you've gotta take this online quiz! (pulls out his phone*) "Which Crying Breakfast Friend Are You?"

Amethyst That show's really weird. (sits at the kitchen counter and places her food on top*) Who wants to watch a cartoon about people crying?

Steven: (with watery eyes*) I do!

Amethyst: (rolls her eyes*) Okay, okay! Uh, what's the first question?

Steven: (reads from his phone*) "Do you ever act without thinking?"

Amethyst: Nope. (squeezes a mustard bottle until it explodes, covering the pile of food on mustard*) Never.

Steven: "Are you afraid of taking risks and trying new things?"

Amethyst: (eats the whole pile of food in one bite, with her mouth full*) Terrified! (cleans the mustard on her face with her tongue*)

Steven: (seemingly upset*) Amethyst, are you taking this seriously?

Amethyst: (rolls her eyes and rests her head on her hand*)Of course I am.

Steven: Okay. (taps the 'Yes' button his phone's screen, which reads "Are you taking this seriously?"*) "Are you insecure about your relationships and how you are perceived by other people?"