Bonus Chapter ~ The Life Of Austin Jauregui

How does one describe Artemis Fowl? Various psychiatrists have tried and failed. The main problem is Artemis's own intelligence. He bamboozles every test thrown at him. He has puzzled the greatest medical minds and sent many of them gibbering to their own hospi-

"Mama! Grey is teasing me, again!" I snapped the book shut and rolled my eyes. Ever since the day we three gained the knowledge to communicate and think for ourselves properly, these two twerps won't stop on arguing and fighting over nonsense.

"Mama at work and Dada is sleeping so I suggest you two pipe down!" I whispered, yelled. The two stopped fighting and mumbled an apology. Perks of being the eldest. A half-smile broke down my face as I opened my Artemis Fowl book.

Actually, it was Mama's. Dada told us that she used to collect books when she was young and reads them at her free time. Being the only son interested in books, Mama and Dada gave me a spare key of their study room or should i say library gaining free access on her book collection... talk about SWEET!!

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud thumping noise that's happening right in front of me.  "What do you want?" I asked, bringing the book down. In front of me was a grinning Greyson, spinning a basketball on his thumb.

"Let's play ball, Aus."

"Can't you see I'm reading?" I said in a 'duh' tone then covered myself with a book. "Go play with Mitchie and her dollies over there and leave me alone."

"Dolls?" He groaned. "No way, Austin." He dribbled the ball twice then passed it to me which I caught. "I'd rather eat Aunt Mani's cooking than play dollies with our dumb of a sister."

"Hey! I heard that!" Mitchell shouted across the room.

"No you didn't!" Greyson shouted back then turned to me. "How about soccer? Dada bought us a new goal box. I think she put it on our backyard. Let's go play!" He urged, jumping up and down. I stare at him like he was the most idiotic person I know and go back on reading. That made his whinings worse.

"Come on, Aus." He whined, holding at my chair for support. "You can read those boring books at night. Let's go have some fun before everyone arrives."

Defeated, I let out a small groan before tossing the ball back to Greyson. He made a fist pump in the air and rushed downstairs. I took a small glance at my little sister only to find her playing with her dolls. Oh man.... there's no out of this.

-----------------------------------------------------

"GOAL!" Greyson shouted, running around in circles. Sweat was clearly visible in our faces as the sun shines to the fullest. I wasn't in the mood to play soccer today so you can say that Greyson was taking the lead.

Sighing, I throw the soccer ball up and let it bounce on my head. A trick that Dada taught us over the summer. Dada, in her younger years, was a girl soccer player for her school. She was even the captain.

"What time will they get here?" I asked, panting.

"5 pm, I guess." Greyson answered. "I wish Aunt Mani won't bring one of her Chicken Alfredo. " He shuddered. "Last time I ate it,  I didn't come out from the bathroom."

I shuddered at the thought. Dada and Mama went on a vacation for a week last month after Dada's birthday leaving us at Aunt Mani and Aunt Dinah’s house. We were forced to eat her cooking for  a whole week. God, I hate that moment.

"Hey, Kids." My head snapped towards the direction only to find Dada, grinning at us ear to ear. She was only wearing a plain blue tank top and her famous Spiderman boxers. I can't even imagine myself looking like that when I'm older. "Can I join you? I could use the exercise."