Chapter 26

Lauren’s POV:

Camila was looking at me with loving eyes No words can explain. It felt...good. I smiled then continued writing on the letter. I caught her taking a glance at me then pretended to write on the letter. 

"Why are you looking at me?" I asked.

"No reasons." Camila giggled then continued writing. "I'm done." She cheered, holding the paper up. 

"Well, me too." I smiled. 

"So..." She trailed off. She folded the letter and wrote my name at the back of it. "What's next?" 

"We'll put it in here." I chuckled then grabbed a tiny container. I gently stuffed my letter inside and gave it  to her. She looked at me with a puzzled look and stuffed her letter inside. 

She handed it to me and smiled. I sat near the tree and placed the container in the hole. Camila helped me grab some rocks and blocked the container in the tree. So after a few minutes, the container a.k.a Time Capsule is well hidden.

"When are we gonna read it?" Camila asked. 

"Maybe a couple of years or so." I smiled. "It could be when we got older or more." I gently tapped my chin and pretended to think. "Or something." 

"Can you take things seriously even for a moment?" Camila giggled.

"Right." I chuckled then playfully rolled my eyes. "How about this." I sighed and grabbed her hands. "We'll read this when we see each other again. " 

"Okay."  She silently nodded.

"It may not be next year... then I'll wait for another year. And another and another and so forth." I chuckled then kissed her cheek.  I could feel her steady heartbeat as I rested my chin at her forehead. 

"Can you wait that long?" Camila asked, with her voice cracking. I knew she was on the verge of tears so I hushed her and hugged her tight.

"I'll wait forever if I have to."  I said. 

"I love you." She whispered. 

I sighed then bit my lip. "I love you, too." 

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was getting dark so I told Camila that we need to go home. We were walking home, hand-in-hand. Then finally, we were standing at her front porch.

"So..." I smiled then gently stroke her cheek. "I've got something for you. But you have to close your eyes." 

Camila smiled then gently closed her eyes. I did a little something then pressed my lips gently against hers. I could feel her smiling. She gently wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips harder.

Minutes later (that seems like hours), we both pulled away to breath. She held her wrist up and giggled. "You got me a bracelet." She giggled.

"Yeah." I chuckled then kissed her forehead. "You like it?"

"I love it." She giggled then pulled something out of her neck. I was shocked. It was the necklace I gave her.

"You're wearing it." I smiled. "I-I didn't noticed.. I thought you-"

"Ever since you gave it to me, I wore it. " She sighed then rested her forehead against mine. "I don't wanna leave." 

"Then don't" I whispered.

"You know I can't." She whispered back. I held her hands and spin her around. 

"How about school?" I asked.

"Mom transferred me to a school at Barcelona." She sighed.

"Barcelona.. You mean Spain?" I pulled her close to me and we danced under the moonlight. "That's far." 

"I know." She muttered under her breath. "I don't think I'm gonna survive this." 

"You're smart. You can do this." I kissed her neck and buried my face in her hair.

I gave her a light peck and stroke her hair. "I'll miss having you around." 

"Yeah..." She looked at me in the eye and gulped. "You do know what 's gonna happen at this point." 

"I know." I sighed then took a step back away from her. "I know how this night will end." 

"I-I'm really sorry." Camila broke into tears and cried. "Lauren, I'm really really sorry. I thought I was strong but I'm not. I thought I moved on... but.... but--" 

"Sshh.." I pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed her forehead. "It's okay."

"I still love him, Lauren." Camila sobbed. "I still do." 

"I know." I nodded. "I know." 

She gently cupped my face and kissed me passionately. She broke the kiss minutes later and ran inside her house. 

Before I knew it, tears started falling down my cheeks. It was hard. I knew it was gonna happen, But why did I cry? It took all my guts to walk away from her house...

And that my friends.... is how we broke up. 

In that point on, I swear... That will be the last time I'll ever fall in love. 

AN : I'm SORRYYYYYYY :(((