84

I "woke up" the next day in Mina's dorm room, she was laid against me, drool was slipping out of the corner of her mouth as she snored. In reality, I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep, at most my brain probably shut down for a few hours while I got some light REM sleep. I was stiff and my muscles ached from the same position for so long.

And though I wanted to try and get some actual sleep, I knew it was time to go when Mina's alarm clock went off, jerking her awake from her peaceful state.

She rubbed her eyes and gave me a weak smile before it dropped mid-sentence. "Good morning Lily... how much sleep did you get?" I gave her a small smile.

"Maybe a few minutes... but I'll be okay, do you have Eijiro's phone number? I need to call him real quick." She nodded and got off my lap, going over to her bedside table and grabbing her phone, and already pushing his number when she handed the phone to me.

The device rang for a hot minute and just before he answered I realized how broken my voice sounded. If I had to look like how my voice sounded, it probably wasn't good.

"Mina. Why are you calling me at 5:30 in the morning?"

"Good morning to you too bro."

"Oh, hey sis. Wait- Lily? What are you doing using Mina's phone?"

"I don't exactly have mine with me at the moment, look I'm sorry about last night. I promise not to break down like that out of nowhere again okay?"

"Lils, you sound dead, what's going on?"

"Just a little breakup, I broke it off late last night and went to Minas and stayed here till this morning. Yesterday just wasn't great." I spoke without emotion, I sounded like my Dad.

"Have you talked to your Dads' yet?"

"No, and I'm not entirely sure why I called you either... I'll see you in a hot minute? I need to go for a run."

"Yeah... yeah sure. Can you say hello to Mina for me?"

The request brought a smile to my face, and I happily agreed before hanging up and handing the phone back to my pink friend. "Eijiro says hello." She laughed.

"I'll say hello later, you need to go get ready for that run." I gave her a thumbs up and exited her room. Making my way into the elevator and going to my room where I then got on some running shorts, and a tank top, sports bra, and water bottle.

Just before I left I went into the girls' bathroom to fill my bottle up and noticed my deep black eyebags, I looked paler than normal and my hair was a giant rats nest. I ran back to my room, grabbing a hair tie and my brush, and proceeded to try and untangle my hair.

I splashed water on my face to get rid of the tear stains and then headed out the front door to meet up with Eijiro.

I saw the redhead waiting for me, he was biting on one of his nails and looked like a nervous wreck. I called out his name and watched his face turn upward. But it turned sour as he saw my face.

"Morning Sis. How are you feeling?"

"Could be better," I said with a small smile, he seemed to pity me because I looked like a wreck.

"That's for sure. How many miles do you want to do?" I put my finger on my chin and then looked at a clock nearby.

"Umm, class starts at 8 so let's do about two." He nodded and like that a comfortable silence washed over us as we began our run.

I loved the way the wind blew past my face as I ran, it was in a way, calming. Though I could feel the temperatures starting to drop, it was later in the year so it was expected. Didn't mean I wasn't excited, but I wasn't particularly one for cold weather.

We were about 20 minutes from the end of our run when I spotted someone familiar in the distance. I gasped and a smile broke out on my face.

"Tamaki-senpai!" I ran up to the boy and jumped on him, sending both of us tumbling. I giggled as the third year got red in the face at my closeness.

"L-Lily! W-what are y-you doing h-here?" I looked up at Eijiro who seemed to be very confused.

"I'm going for a run with my brother! This is Eijiro Kirishima, Eijiro, this is Tamaki Amajiki! I helped him get back to his friend at the sports festival." I said happily, my mood shifting to one of joy finally after my bad day yesterday.

"Nice to meet you, Tamaki. Hope she didn't hurt you..." He sweatdropped at the memory of the tackling and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"I-It's f-f-fine... it's n-nice to meet you t-too, I'm a third-year." Eijiro smiled brightly and I could tell Tamaki was a little overwhelmed.

"How's your friend doing?" I asked him politely, getting off the poor boy at last.

"O-oh you mean Mirio? He's... d-doing alright I s-suppose..." This was honestly just what I needed right now, I needed my friends around me, focus on myself, and what I want before going back to Katsuki.

"That's great! What about you? What are you studying?" I tried to make small talk with my introverted friend, giving him specific questions to answer I know that's helping in some way.

"I'm okay... we're studying on how to rescue people who have been with abusive parents or relationships... it's... interesting... but also sad." I agreed with him.

"Sorry I don't want to interrupt but Lily, we've got ten minutes." Eijiro interrupted our conversation. My eyes widen and I make a mad break for the dorms.

"I'm sorry but bye Tamaki! Thank you for talking with me!" He waved me goodbye with a little smile, his hair getting in his face as he appeared to try and block out our smiles. I giggled.

Eijiro ran with me as we made our way back to the dorms, quickly running inside, showering, changing into our uniforms, brushing our hair, styling, and then running to school. Barely making the bell.

"You two are cutting it close." I hear Dad's grumpy voice say from below his desk. I put my hand over my mouth and chuckle as I see his yellow sleeping bag.

I take a look around the room and notice that both Midoriya and Katsuki are not here today. Did dad house arrest them?

"Iida, please move everyone to the mandatory assembly. I'm pretty sure everyone is in trouble. Lily, you need to come to talk to me, now." I sighed, and let my happy mood drop knowing he was going to ask about the fight last night.

Everyone left the room promptly, Mina and Eijiro giving me one last smile before they headed off. I wished them the best as I knew I was going to the afterlife.

As soon as the door clicked shut tears started welling in my eyes. "Lils... come here." He opened his arms and I went into them without hesitation, sobbing. "I know honey..." He ran his fingers through my hair, "I know."

I stayed there, in his arms, for who knows how long. When he finally let go he pulled out a familiar sleeping bag.

"You need to go to the teachers' lounge, you can't work with no sleep, want me or Papa to wake you up when it's time to go?"

"Mmhmm..." I gave him, as I snuggled into the lavender smell. The scent releasing a boost of serotonin and making me smile.

"Alright kiddo, I'll talk to you soon, go straight to the teachers' lounge." I nodded obediently, and like a little kid, I skipped my way there.

I open the door to see some of my family, including Auntie Nemi, Uncle Nezu, and GramGram. I waved a little hello and they didn't question it when I laid down on the couch snuggling into the sleeping bag.

"Goodnight," I said quietly, not expecting a response.

"Goodnight Lily."