TLC 17

Chapter 17

---

Ilang araw na siyang nasa Pilipinas and yet parang hindi pa rin nawawala ang jet lag niya. Paanong hindi mawawala ang pagka-hilo niya? Unang tapak niya pa lang sa bansa ay inulan na siya ng sangkaterbang meetings. But because she wasn't in Paris, they ahd to do the meeting via Skype. And to think that she was here in the country to have a rest from her stressful work back in Paris, eh mukhang dito pala siya maii-stress. She shook her head and gave out an exasperated sigh as she walked inside their hotel building, The Gen Suites. She was tasked to do a little surveying of the place. Plano kasi ng ama niya na ipa-renovate ang hotel. And since interior designing naman ang trabaho niya, she gladly agreed.

She was soon greeted by the manager and was about to follow him to the elevator doors when she noticed something interesting. The side of her lips quirked up as she watched a familiar man from a distance. The familiar man was at the counter, checking out. He wasn't alone though, because the said man was with a man, who was probably 2 inches taller and well-built than him. She crossed her arms over her chest and kept her gaze on him, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Ma'am Sheena, is there anything wrong?" untag sa kanya ng manager. Tumingin siya dito and gave the man a polite smile.

"Nothing. May nakita lang akong interesting. You can go on ahead. Susunod na lang ako." she said. The manager nodded at her walked ahead. Itinuon niyang muli ang atensyon niya sa lalaking nasa counter, and she almost laughed out loud when she saw how the unknown guy beside him tapped his ass before he walked out, leaving the man she knew quite well. Halatang nagulat ito sa ginawa ng kasama niya. Nang malampasan siya ng lalaking kasama ng kakilala niya, Sheena Generoso walked her way to the counter. Nang nasa likuran na siya ng lalaki, she gave his shoulder a playful tap. The guy looked at her and she was immediately greeted by a scowling face.

"Hello." she beamed at him and waived her hand. The scowling guy was shocked upon seeing her. His face flushed and she could see panic in his eyes.

"S-Sheena? W-What are you doing here? I-I mean...why are you here?" the guy stuttered and began scanning their surroundings, probably worried that there might be someone else who saw him with a man.

"Bawal na ba akong bumisita sa hotel ng dad ko?" Sheena asked him innocently, trying her best not to laugh out loud because of his panicked expression.

"Don't worry. Walang ibang nakakita bukod sa akin. Ako lang naman ang nandito." she joked, in which she earned a glare from him.

"Shut up!" the guy hissed and began walking towards the exit. Sumunod si Sheena sa kanya, and she purposely made her presence known by walking beside him.

"Go away Sheena, kung ayaw mong masaktan kita." banta ng lalaki sa kanya pero hindi siya natinag. 

"I know you can't do that to me. After all, I was the girl you used to have a huge hard-on on." with that, the guy stopped dead on his tracks and looked at her dangerously. If only looks could kill, she would have been lying on the cold floor at that moment. Instead of glaring back at him, Sheena smiled sweetly at him.

"However, mukhang nag-iba na ata ang sexual preference mo. I really didn't peg you to be chasing after men. Whatever happened to the playboy Ynigo Jacinto that I used to know, hm?" pang-aasar niya pa rito but Ynigo didn't say a word.

"What? Come on, Ynigo. I just got back. And you're welcoming me with a death glare?" 

"One more word and I swear my fist will kiss your lovely cheek." he threatened, and she knew he was serious. The playful expression she had on her face soon became stoic. She returned the glare he was giving her.

"I see. Nananakit ka na pala ng mga babae ngayon. Oh wait! Matagal ka na palang nananakit. Hindi na pala ako dapat magtaka." she taunted and looked away. She wasn't sure if Ynigo was still glaring at her, but she didn't care. She took in a deep breath and gazed back at him again. She grinned brightly at him like nothing ever happened when she realized that he stopped glaring at her.

"How's Quinn by the way? Still rivals, I suppose?" she asked innocently. Judging from how Ynigo gritted his teeth, she already knew what the answer was to her own question.

"I see, I see. Hindi mo na kailangang sagutin." she said, trying to pacify him. Nagtagis ang mga bagang nito at pinili na lamang na umiwas ng tingin sa kanya. Silence engulfed between them and neither one didn't try to break the tension. Maya-maya lang, a blue matte Maserati stopped in front of them. Bumaba ang valet mula sa kotse and handed Ynigo his car keys na siya namang kinuha agad nito. Without a second look, he sauntered his way to his car.

"See you around, Ynigo!" Sheena exclaimed which was answered by a slam of the car's door. She watched how Ynigo drove away and ignored the painful sound his wheels created. She let out a breath and smiled to herself before walking inside the hotel building.

---

Quinn leaned on his swivel chair and closed his eyes. Kakatapos lamang ng meeting niya with Mr. Choi along with the foreign investors through Skype. He really thought that the deal was off, but luck must be on his side. They gave him another chance. And so, they discussed everything that must be needed to be done. In a few weeks, his team will start doing the plans of the infrastracture. Makakahinga na rin siya ng maluwag dahil he was pretty sure na hindi ito malalaman ng lolo niya. Kung malaman man ng matanda, at least naayos na niya ang gusot.

He sat up straight and reached for the intercom. "Aila, coffee."

Maya-maya lang, he heard a knock on his door and came in his secretary. Ngumiti ito sa kanya before placing the cup on his desk. "Mukhang good mood ka po ngayon, sir. How did the meeting go?"

He smirked. "Well, Mr. Choi gave us another chance and we got the investors back."

Mas lumawak pa ang ngiti nito and he could see how Aila's eyes sparkled from what he said. "Really sir? Then that's great!"

"Hm." tugon niya. Kinuha niya ang tasa ng kape and began sipping on it. Agad naman na-relax ang nerves niya. "Aila, may nilalagay ka ba sa kape ko? It's a wonder how your coffee can instantly sooth my nerves."

Natawa ang secretary niya. "Syempre sir. Expertise ko ata 'yan. May halong TLC po kasi 'yan."

"TLC?" he inquired.

"Tender Loving Care, sir." sagot nito sa kanya. Napa-iling na lamang siya. Of course, ang real meaning ng TLC ay Tender Loving Care. How could he ever forget? Pero ibang TLC kasi ang nasa isip niya. It was the place where he first met Keziah. Unknowingly, his lips quirked up in a smile when he thought of her. 

"Joke lang sir. Instant lang po 'yung kape niyo." sabi ni Aila. He just shook his head at her and placed the cup back on his table. He must have been nuts to be smiling over the thought of Keziah. Nah, maybe his rod was just missing her. Yeah, that must be it. And also because he already had his mission done. Now, the only thing he'll do is to wait. 

"Whatever it is, I'm just glad na hindi lason ang hinahalo mo sa kape ko." pabirong sabi niya sa babae na siya namang tinawanan nito. "What's my schedule, Aila?"

Agad namang tinuon ng dalaga ang atensyon nito sa hawak nitong notebook. "As of today sir, wala po kayong naka-schedule na meeting."

"Alright, thanks." he muttered and diverted his attention back to his laptop. May mga emails pa pala siyang dapat na sagutin.

"Pero sir, tumawag po ang lolo niyo kanina. He wanted to meet you daw po this coming weekend." she informed. All of a sudden, bigla siyang nakaramdam ng kaba. What did his old man want this time?

---

to be continued

A/N: So si Sheena ang mystery girl sa chapter 14 and obviously, si Ynigo ang mystery guy from the last chapter, and not Quinn. Lels. :))) Belated happy birthday [pholy_25]. Belated nga ba or advance? Lol, basta happy birthday. :)))