Part 1

Part 1: December 21, 2012

The bell finally rang and we both just came out from Physical Science class. It was just too weird, since the class and we just spent the whole period watching 2012. For you, it may have been a joy to skip doing classwork but to me, it felt like a warning sign.

It was as if God was telling me that my life will conclude in the actual year of 2012. It was just so heart-breaking.

I walked to my locker and you finally appeared with a serious look. It was then that I realized that you have caught up with my behavior. I first started the conversation when I said, "Hey, Darren!" With that, I tried to give you a small peck on the lips until you moved away, making my lips land on your cheek.

I frowned, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know," You responded, "It's just that... Are you okay? You haven't been yourself lately." I shrugged, "I'm fine, I guess. Why?"

But inside, my heart was pacing and my eyes were just wandering everywhere. I wondered if you ever felt the tension through the moment.

"Just wondering..." You said. Then a moment of silence came. You had that thinking phase planted on your face. "I mean, you look a little isolated and nervous. You're not the outgoing person I used to love."

I winced, "Used to love?"

"Well, babe, I still love you now, no matter who you are! You know that." You said, startled by my reaction. You cupped my face and said, "Trust me, okay?"

I smiled only just a grin and nodded. You then leaned in and planted a small kiss and smiled. I only grinned once more, but your eyes narrowed, "See? You're not smiling that dimple smile."

I sighed. I then smiled the brightest, yet most fake, smile I could have shown anyone. I pointed to the corner of my lips and said, "I'm smiling, see? Now, happy?"

You just shrugged, "Sorry."

"It's okay." I said with a warm grin and carressing your face. The bell then rang once more, signaling that it's time for us to leave or do any sports or curricular activities.

"Are you coming to football to watch me?" You ask.

"Actually," I said, sadly, "Not today, babe." You frowned once more.

"Okay, first you're not being yourself and now you're skipping practice with me?" You ask, "Nikole, I'm serious, what's going on? Why do you have to skip practice?"

I sighed. I didn't want to tell you yet about the news. You would just be heart broken. But, I didn't want to lie to you so I just answered, "I have to go with my mom. I'm sorry."

With that you just nodded. You turned around, making me only relieved until the second you stopped in your tracks and said, "Wait!"

I squinted my eyes and then turned around to look at you, "Yes, babe?"

"Not meaning to be a snitch or anything but I am your boyfriend. Why are you going to be with your mom?" You asked curiously.

I hesitated at the moment. I didn't know what to say. But instead, my mouth took the lead and answered you by saying, "Well, my mom is actually off early this week from work so she actually wanted to hang out for once."

Then your mouth formed to the shape of an "o." I was glad you completely understood, how Mom is barely here and doesn't have time for me at all. "Well, I'm happy for that!" You said cheerfully. You embraced me to a hug, which I longed to take in as much as I can, "I'll leave you two to that!"

You kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear, "Now go have fun!"

I thought, fun? There was certainly no "fun" at the hospital.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

A/N: Hope you liked the chapter so far! I know your probably thinking, "What kind of format is this?" Well, once I finish the whole story, which will probably be approximately a week before Christmas day, then you'll know why. For the clever readers, don't tell them! ;D much love to you guys <3