L O S T S O U L S

Začít od začátku

"Let's say the child is his child. It's going to dictate our entire relationship because now, he'll need to have a cordial relationship with his baby mama, and everybody knows that 95.9% of baby mamas are bitter." I voiced, keeping it real. "Well, do you know this girl claiming to have his child?" She asked. "No." I responded. "Then how do you possibly know if she'll be one of those "bitter baby mamas"?"

"Destiny, if I can be honest with you, it sounds like you're worried that this other woman might change the relationship you and your boyfriend have." Stephanie added. I scoffed, "I am not. I know for a fact my man loves me." I uttered clearly. "Good, so give her the benefit of the doubt." Stephanie told me. "Oh, please." I chuckled, "I owe that girl nothing."

"Fair. But, what if her daughter turns out to be his child? The three of you will need to be on the same page, which means you all have to have smooth communication." Stephanie stated. I hate the fact that therapists make you think logically. The Destiny before therapy would of been found that hoe social media. "I guess." A sigh escaped my lips.

       - - -

Kross:

His phone dinged in his hand, causing him to look down at the text message from Taylor. After getting his lawyer to help him proceed with the DNA process, Kross got a hold of Taylor's number to inform her that she would be receiving a DNA kit in the mail soon. He silently prayed this child wasn't his, but his gut felt the total opposite.

Taylor:
Thanks. How much do I have to pay u?
- Sent at 4:30pm

Me:
Nothing...It's free. Just swab her mouth and send it back to the address on the envelope.
- Sent at 4:33pm

He locked his phone, tossing it beside him on the couch. He ran his hands down his face. He sat in the living room, waiting for Kaleb to awake from his evening nap. While thinking about his son, Kross's mind shifted to Destiny. The two have been a little distant since their trip from New York. Whenever he asked if she wanted to talk, he was always given the same answer: "No" or "everything's good".

Which he knew wasn't true, but considering the circumstances, Kross figured she needed time and a little space to process the surprising news. He truthfully wished it wasn't going this way, but he couldn't control what was already done. His phone vibrated beside him on the couch. He swiped across, seeing 3 messages from Taylor.

When he saw the text messages sitting in his face, he covered his mouth in shock. He wasn't expecting to randomly get sent a picture, but still, he looked.

Taylor:

- Sent at 4:55pm

- Sent at 4:55pm

Her name is Skylar' Mariee Anderson. She's 3, but is turning 4 in February. Her favorite colors are blue and green. She loves to draw, sing and dance. She sometimes cries when I drop her off at school. She won't eat anything on her plate if they're touching😂 she's such a sweet girl, and I know you'll grow to love her.
- Sent at 4:58pm

I only sent u that because I thought u should know something about ur daughter. I don't need a dna test to tell me what I already know, Kross. Her personality reminds me so much of u. She even has ur lips! U don't need a magnifying glass to see this is ur kid.
- Sent at 5:01pm

Kross tapped on the imagine of the little girl, admiring her beauty. She has her mother's beautiful green eyes for sure. If this really is his daughter, he and Taylor created a gorgeous baby girl, he thought to himself still observing the picture. He zoomed in on her lips, unable to deny the similarity. In this moment, he wasn't upset. He just wanted to be the father he wasn't allowed to be for 3 years.

                                             - - -

Vote & comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰