H E R E C O M E S T H E F L O O D

Kross:

"Thanks for meeting me out here so late." Kross dapped Chance and Mario. "I was deep in some pussy. You lucky you my dawg." Mario spoke. Kross chuckled, shaking his head. The trio stood in front of their cars, out in the middle of nowhere. "I called y'all here 'cause we might have an issue." Kross stated. "What kind of issue?" Chance squinted his eyes.

"His sister... she asking 'bout him." Kross informed. "How you know this?" Chance questioned suspiciously. "She called Destiny a couple days ago. Said she hadn't heard from him nor his baby moms." Kross said. "Damn." Mario shook his head. "I'll take care of that." Chance jumped the gun, leaning up from the hood of his car. "Nah, fool." Kross held his hand up, "We ain't 'bouta kill no one else." He told Chance, serious as hell.

Chance sucked his teeth, leaning back on the car. "So, what you suggest we do? If she asking questions that mean her ass probably gon take shit to twelve." He said, referring to getting the police involved. Chance hated the police. He doesn't have a good history with them and the sight of them makes him highly upset. "Well, your people did their part, right?" Kross questioned.

"Yeah." Chance nodded, "They made the crib look like a home invasion gone wrong." He informed. "Good shit." Kross shook his head, relieved. "Yeah, so we ain't got shit to worry bout, KJ." Mario said. "Aight, but just to be safe, I want you and Swift to find out everything about Jhade Smith." Kross told Mario. "Bruh could of really texted the group chat for this shit, but aight." Chance sucked his teeth, again.

"Come on, fool. You know better than that." Kross mugged him. "Ima' catch up with y'all though." He dapped them up, walking over to his truck. He drove down the dirt path, getting back on the empty highway. He made it home 20 minutes later. It was damn near 3:00 in the morning, so the house was dead silent. If you drop a pin, it could be heard.

He wasted no time going upstairs and climbing into bed beside Destiny. He watched as she slept peacefully. Her light snores could be heard, indicating she had a long day. Moments later, Kross drifted into a deep sleep.

      - - -

The next day:

The next morning, Destiny woke up bright and early. She prepared breakfast for Kross, Mama G and herself. Since Giselle was going back to New York this afternoon, she thought it would be nice to have her wake up to a small breakfast buffet. "Morning." Kross husky voice spoke, walking up behind her.

She smiled, turning to face him. "Good morning." She pecked his lips. "What's all this?" He asked, pointing to the food. "I wanted to do something nice for your mom." She stated. A small smile crept onto his face, "Oh, she's gonna love this." He smirked. Kross loves how his mom and girlfriend are able to get along. They didn't have to fake anything because the vibe is genuine, unlike his relationships from the past.

"Good morning, love birds." Giselle cleared her throat, standing in the kitchen with Kaleb on her hip. "Morning, ma." Kross walked over, kissing his mother's cheek before taking Kaleb from her hands. "Ay, morning chunky man." Kross held his son in the air, causing him to laugh and drool all over the place.

"Who went all out for breakfast?" Giselle questioned, looking down at the food. "I did." Destiny chuckled, "It's for you. Thanks you for all you've done this past week." She said. Giselle smiled, feeling appreciated. "Destiny, thank you, sweetheart." She hugged her. "No problem." Destiny nodded. They gathered around the table, consuming pancakes, French toast, sausages, grits and eggs.

After breakfast, Giselle prepared for her departure. She promised she would be back sometime before thanksgiving. It was going on 1:30 in the afternoon when Kross drove his mother to the airport. "Take care of yourself." He told his mom, handing her the grey suitcase. "You do the same. I'll call when I land." She pulled him into a hug. "I love you, KJ." She kissed the side of his face.

"I love you, too, ma." He hugged her a little tighter before letting go. He watched his mother walk through the double doors until she eventually disappeared. He jogged over to his truck, hopping in and pulling off.

          - - -

Back in New York

"Welcome home, Mrs. Jackson." Giselle's driver spoke, opening the door. "Thank you." She removed the sunglasses from her face, walking up the few steps. "Jamal, are you here?" She questioned, walking through the house. There was no response, so she figured she was all alone. Walking over to the mini bar, Giselle poured herself a glass of wine.

She took a small sip, walking over to the couch. She removed the red bottom stiletto heels from her feet, immediately feeling relaxed. She figured her husband was on some business venture, per usual, so she had the house all to herself. Giselle sat on the couch in silence until she realized she finished her glass of wine. She stood up, walking over to pour another glass.

Half way through pouring up, the door bell rang. She sighed, putting the glass and bottle down. Adjusting her skirt and blouse, she walked over to the front door, swinging it open. "What are you doing here?" She asked, looking around. "I want to talk to your son." The girl stated. "Taylor, we've talked about this. My son doesn't need any affiliation with you." Giselle said. The girl chuckled, shaking her head.

"How long do you think you can "protect" him? He's a grown man." Taylor voiced. "We had an agreement!" Giselle raised her voice, furious. "Yeah, well... my daughter is asking to meet her father." Taylor said. Giselle's eyes widened in shock. "D-Daughter? You swore to me that baby wasn't his." Giselle spoke, sounding on the verge of panicking.

"I only told you that because you literally paid me out of your sons life. I don't know what I did to make you not see me fit to be with your son, but this isn't about you and I. I'm doing this for my daughter." Taylor said. Giselle stood in the frame of the door, trying to wrap her head around the situation, but couldn't. She knew she had fucked up, big time.

There was no undoing what she had done, and there was no trying to pay Taylor away this time. Her controlling ways may have just cost her only son, everything.

      - - -

Whew chille .. thoughts on this chapter?

Vote and comment. Thanks for reading! 🥰