Chapter 97: The Mountain of Death

"Who?" a questioning tone would ring inside Paralysis mind as the latcher was quiet with a blank stare on his face as pain contorted it, "Hero...he is legend now myth that walks these lands, he hurt me and my kind, calling us weak and pathetic, he would abuse and torment me just to draw blood from me to power himself and his fellow legends~" Paralysis snarled before looking away as his ears pointed back with shame, "I wasn't at my full strength, I couldn't fight back, all I could do was snarl and growl with threats...I wasn't myself...I wasn't whole back then...the legends tore me apart taking 25% of my power to banish the dragon, then another 25% was stored in a star, 25% more was stored away to cultivate a leviathan to rule the oceans...the last of it was given to Hero...." Paralysis spoke with a shameful tone, this was his fault the world was at a disarray and in chaos. "The facility was later made after the legends vanished from grace, the facility worked and developed things to try and harness this power for themselves, and mistakenly created me a new body to control...but you know that goes~"

Dream just looked at Paralysis before sighing as he understood what Paralysis had said, "I see...but we're nearly there, right?" Dream questioned as crimson claws slightly moved with agitation, "yes, just one more, once they legend is gone this'll all end once and for all...at least I hope it does~" Paralysis spoke up as he crossed his arms looking away with an unknown emotion in his eyes as that mask just covered his face completely. So close and all this hell will be over, but Paralysis sensed something and so did Dream. "Blue?" Dream questioned as he looked up towards the forest as the scent wavered in the wind as a more animal-like instinct took hold of Dream.

"Seems like it~" Paralysis bellowed as he turned around with a flickering tongue, his eyes lit up with a lust for a kill, "Chimera..." Paralysis bellowed within his mind getting the sentinels to tense up wherever they were in the world.

"Yes Master~ it there something you need or are you questioning my decision to bring back a little mouse to chase, thought I'd make you please to tear apart that woman again over and over making her life a living hell~ I've already pulled her into a false hope so she's easy prey to you now~" Chimera cooed with a sadistic tone of voice as Paralysis could imagine the smug grin on his face already, "I don't feel bad about this girl whatsoever, why would I bother helping her when our spectators want blood~ I know my way with manipulating foolish mortals making them think im good and evil....hehe~ I know my ways and you do too~" Chimera hissed out in a lustful blood needing tone of voice as he found this oddly pleasing.

"What are you talking about? eh sorry about budding into this conversation Chime and Master." a voice of another sentinel spoke up breaking in with a new light tone made for calming and luring in those foolish enough to fall for her tricks. Runic was her name, she was a sentinel of misguidance and misfortune to those that dare to listen to her trusting voice. Gaining a sentinels trust was near impossible as Sentinels were marked in stone to show that their guidance only led to death of mortal minds. "We were speaking about Blue~" Chimera spoke with a hiss.

"Blue! why would you bring that ratchet rat back to life, Chime you know better...Hero's a threat we need to focus on at the moment, not distractions like the blue haired rat...monitor the rat and we'll kill her when the time is right, make her feel like she's safe from the latchers...I know how you act Chime~" Runic snapped her voice slightly raising even though this was a conversation through a connection of thoughts, Runic huffed and pinched the bridge of her nose as she stood on the black sands grounds as the cold Purgan air wavered around her as her feathered tail flicked in the air with annoyance as her feathered crown laid back over her head. "Where are you two anyways?" Runic spoke with her thoughts to the other two.

"Where do you think we are Rune....where standing on broken grounds of many wars and battles the mortals had with the unknown~" Chimera addressed Runic as Paralysis listened in remaining silent with his thoughts but outside his thoughts he was speaking to Dream, "why? Are you at the keep? How's the cold weather?" Chimera snickered knowing Runic was busy dealing with cold airs of Purga.