34. Burning Bridges

(I ACTUALLY MADE THIS VIDEO!)

They had just gotten rid of the bodies, and they had gotten some other goons to clean the blood stains, and get rid of the carpet. Oswald was about to dismiss Lucy from having anything else to do with it. He wanted her to keep the little bit of innocence she had left.

But he stopped and noticed the fierce look in her eyes, and he had the strangest desire to hold her. He was watching her ordering his men around and talking business with them. She had an air around her that demanded respect and attention. He heard her laugh at something that one of his goons said. And a blazing burst of anger filled him. He wanted to be the only one who could make her laugh.

He wanted to be the one to make her smile, to be the one she'd confide in, to seek comfort in. And he wanted more than anything, he wanted her to be the one person that he could trust with anything and everything. He knew he was falling deeper than he should.

It would only do him harm. Him feeling this affection for her would only bring him pain. Just as it had with his mother. His mother was a kind woman, a saint. And he had loved her so very much. And just like that, the snap of the fingers, she was dead.

Murdered as a way to get leverage at him. And he had learned from his mistakes.

Meanwhile Lucy was trying to stay calm and collected. She knew she couldn't help Oswald if she was in a mess or a frenzy. She had to become something more than what she was now.

She needed to become the Lusciana Swann, she wanted to be when she first made that name for herself. But now she had begged fish to fry. She didn't have to worry about getting hurt, at least not very often. She's just glad Oswald had her back and hopefully will continue to do so. She was grateful for all Oswald has done for her. And she felt a certain attachment to him. Not just as friends but as something more. She couldn't quite put her finger on what it was though. She didn't know what it was. All she knew was that when she sees him, she feels all warm and tingly inside. Like on a cloudy day he could make the sun shine through the darkest clouds. When she cried he could wipe them all away with just a smile. She didn't really know what these weird mushy gushy feelings were. Or why she had them for him. She was his friend and that was good enough for now.

She continued talking to Dylan, one of Oswald's thugs, and he would occasionally crack a joke, making her laugh. But she would immediately get back to business. Discussing how to make Oswald's security better, or what their next target should be. Or where they needed to strengthen their defenses.

She knew Oswald was watching her for some reason but she didn't care at the moment. After all business was business, and she had no time for distractions. She went back over the plans with the men and pointed at particular sections of the maps and blueprints.

Then there was a loud bang as the doors were slammed open. She turned to look at the intruders. It was that bald man with his two henchwenches.

"Ah Victor! So good to see you! What is the occasion my friend?" Oswald said greeting the man.

"Hello boss" he said looking at Oswald. "Hello beautiful" he winked at me.

Oswald cleated his throat demanding Victor's attention.

"Ah Yes I have heard of a new job."

"New?.... Job?...." Oswald was trying to process this. Because he didn't have a job for victor at the moment.

Lucy saw he conflicted and confused gaze.

"Ah Yes that would be me. I have a task for you, and I'll pay you Ten grand."

"What is it?"

"I want you to find the boss of these men. I want you to interrogate him and then kill him. I want to know everything and anything about their plans. Current and future, then once you feel satisfied and I have enough information, you will kill him. And every last member of his little gang. But most importantly, I want to know why they're targeting Oswald. And if they're not, then who?" She said boldly without even blinking at the fact she had just asked him to murder over two dozen men. And torture one before killing them.

"And if I refuse?"

"Then I'll do it myself. And trust me no one wants me to do that." She said smirking and licking her lips. As if she were bloodthirsty.

"Very well."

"And if you need a little more convincing I'll throw in 5 grand more, and I won't skin you alive." She said sweetly.

Victor gulped. Then laughed.

"Oh I like her. Are you sure I can't have her Oswald?"

Oswald practically growled. "I said no. And I mean it. She is not an object!"

"Alright alright cool your jets boss." He said raising his hands in surrender.

Lusciana began to suavely leave the room and went to her bedroom. She smirked everything was going to plan perfectly.