35. Love betrays her

*Meanwhile with Oswald.*

Oswald knew his attachment was too much. He knew what he had to do.

He had to kill Fish Mooney, after all she was a stepping stone to gaining the throne of Gotham.

He had already gotten rid of Galavan, he partially has Jim Gordon in his pocket. And the plan is coming along nicely.

One more thing was in his way. Lusciana Swann. She was a good ally, an even better ally, but he couldn't trust her to be there when he truly needed her. Even after everything they've been through together.

Oswald began the journey to her room.
He knocked on the door. Once. Twice. Three times. And called out to her.

"Lucy! I have news!"

"Yes?" She said opening the door and leaning against it.

"We're going to visit an old friend."

"Who?"

"Why Fish Mooney of course. She has been causing trouble for me."

"Oh... well I can't come. I'm sorry. But I will not help you get revenge on the only person I've ever felt a motherly relationship with. She's like a mother to me." Lucy shook her head.

"Oh no dear. This isn't that kind of visit. We're just going to talk that's it. I assure you." He said.

"Oh very well then. If you insist, and as long as it is just a talk." She said grabbing her coat.

And so the two made their way out of the mansion and into the limo waiting for them.

"Hello James, take us to see Fish Mooney. I have a meeting with her."

"Sure no problem boss." He said tipping his hat.

As they drove around the streets of Gotham, Lucy noticed Oswald seemed nervous. She smiled at him in reassurance.

Not knowing that he wasn't nervous about the meeting, but instead the resulting conflict with Lucy.

You see he had lied to her when he said it wasn't that kind of visit. No. He was going to kill Fish and make Lucy watch as the light left her eyes. Then he was going to be as cruel as possible in order to push her away.

As soon as they reached the building. They got out and walked in as if they owned the place. And technically one of them did. Well part ownership anyway, it was Lusciana. Fish had put her name on the deed and in her will. Should she ever parish. Fish loved Lucy in her own way. She saw her as the daughter she never had.

Once they walked in, everyone stopped talking. Fish noticed the silence and looked up to see what everyone was looking at. She smiled and wide at the sight of Lucy. But when her gaze saw who accompanied Lucy, her smile fell.

"Well well well if it isn't the little rat. Or should I say penguin. Lusciana I told you... penguin isn't the type of man you want to associate with."

"Wait?! Oswald's the penguin? How could I be so blind! God I'm so stupid. Oh well. It doesn't matter. He's become my friend and a trusted ally. I would gladly put myself in danger to protect him."

"Oh really and can he say the same. Truthfully would he? Would he do the same for you Lucy?"

"He has saved my life many times."

"Oh has he? And what have you given him in return?"

"Nothing but my friendship and loyalty. However you, too, have my loyalty."

"Hmm.... Alright! EVERYBODY OUT!"

They just sat there.

"OUT!!!!!!" She yelled at them.

People rushed out of the building as if it were on fire.

"Now where were we? Would you like some wine my dear?"

"Oh no thank you Fish." Said Oswald.

"I wasn't talking to you penguin, I was talking to my daughter."

"Yes please. Make it strawberry kiwi, martini. Please and thank you." She told the waiter. "Oh and a bourbon on the rocks please."

"Yes miss..."

"Thank you.." Oswald whispered to her.

"Now Lucy What brings you here darling? You just visited me not even a week ago."

Oswald raised his eyebrows, clearly uninformed of her whereabouts.

"Oswald has business with you and wanted be to come along. He convinced me that we would only talk."

"Oh really? Is that what he told you? To talk?"

"Yes to talk." Luv nodded.

"Enough. Chit chat Fish. I'm here to offer you a proposal."

"I'm listening..." she said taking a sip of her wine.

"You can join me and take down Jim Gordon and Edward Nygma Or you can have no part in Gotham's underworld."

"Meaning?" She smirked knowing full well what he meant.

She just wanted him to say it aloud so Lucy could hear it.

"You know very well what I mean."

"No I don't Oswald, you'll have to be more precise. There's a lot of things that that could mean."

"Fish you know full well..." he warned with his voice.

"Oswald just tell us what you mean!" Lusciana snapped.

Oswald glared at her then turned his attention back to Fish. "Meaning you die."

"Hmmm.... how about no?"

"Think on it Fish. This isn't a decision to be put lightly. Sleep on it." Oswald said getting up about to leave.

"I said no. I will not join you Oswald. She said getting up and walking up the stairs. Oswald followed her. Butch came out and asked Lucy what was going on.

She quickly informed him as they ran upstairs after them.

Butch's eyes widened. "Oh shit. NO! FISH!!!"

When butch and Lusciana finally got to the roof. Oswald and Fish were tearing at each other. They stumbled to the edge of the roof. Oswald somehow got the upper hand and threw her over the ledge. And she fell into the river.

"NOOO!! Mom! Fish...." Lucy ran to the ledge and looked down trying to find any sign of her. "Please! No!!!"

She fell to her knees andbroke down in tears, sad and angry at the loss of her real mother figure.

"How. COULD. YOU! YOU SAID THIS WASN'T THAT KIND OF VISIT! YOU. LIED. TO. ME!" She said getting up and making her way toward Oswald with every step.

"Yes. Well... I lied!" He said with a smile on his face and a cheery tone.