5. No Body, No Crime

"Okay Fish" I smiled, my confidence building. "I don't think this will be used for-"

She shook her finger at me "tch tch tch. I know. Now get out of that outfit and wait here."

She left the room once more and came back with black outfit that I couldn't necessarily see until she held it up for me. It looked like an assassin cloak outfit. Se tossed it to me and I began putting it on. I struggled with it a little and when I finally had it, I cleared my throat to gain her attention.

 I struggled with it a little and when I finally had it, I cleared my throat to gain her attention

She looked up and smirked in approval.

"You might just be my little doll. I like dressing you up. Not to mention you look good too." Then she held out another outfit. "Here's another outfit."

I looked at her incredulously.

"What you don't expect to go killing people and sneaking around in only one outfit do you?"

I shook my head. "Your right."

"Now try this one on."

I took the assassin outfit off and placed it on her bed neatly.

She handed me the next outfit. I took it and began to dress.

 I took it and began to dress

I really liked this one. It made me look and feel badass. But me being 19... well actually this outfit hides my face. And therefor my identity, and my age.

"I like this one Fish. I think it's my favorite."

"Yes it would appear so. It suits you."

I began undressing for the final time.

"Now I'll be right back. This is going to be the last outfit I bring you tonight."

"Okay." I nodded.

I put on the outfit and Fish clapped

"Nice. Very nice. I like it."

"Thank you. You did pick it out for me."

"That I did. Now I believe we are ready."

"Yes I believe we are."

"Then lets go." She said offering her arm to me.

We linked arms and made our descent down the stairs. The music and chatter still thriving. Once we finally stepped into the room, everyone went quiet.

And looked at us.

"Why are they looking at us, Fish?"

"They're not looking at us, they're looking at you. And for good reason. You look stunning."

"Oh..." I looked down and blushed.

"Alright everyone back to your own business!" Fish said as she unlinked our arms and clapped twice.

Everyone did as she said. I looked back up at her and smiled. She nodded at me in assurance.

"Now where is Roberto?" She asked no one in particular. She walked up to another burly man and said, "Butch! Where is Roberto?"

"I'll go get him for ya." Butch said as he walked away.

He came back with another man.

A man I knew and trusted.

"Ah Roberto there you are." She said greeting him.

Our eyes met and I saw a flash of guilt in his eyes.

"Roberto meet my young friend, Isabelle."

"Its a pleasure." He said bowing and kissing my hand.

I smirked despite feeling angry. "The pleasure is all yours." I said snatching my hand from him.

Fish looked at us intrigued with what was going on.

"Now Roberto I have a job for you..."

"Yes Miss Mooney?"

"There's some trash that needs to be taken care of outside near the main entrance. Take care of it for me would you?" She said using hand gestures to send him off.

Once we were as alone as we could get, she said, "You know him."

"Yes?"

"Wasn't a question. I know you know him. How?"

"He is my driver, Robert. He's worked with my family for years."

Her smirk faded. "Interesting."

"Yes quite. A few hours ago I was visiting with the young Bruce Wayne. When I was ready to go, I called Robert and he said he had been caught up. A policeman had stopped them for being near the scene of a crime?"

"Very interesting..." She said getting a wine glass from a passing waiter. "Butch!"

Butch swaggered over. "Yeah boss?"

"Find out everything you can about a Robert Benjamin Kane."

"You got it boss."

"Good now as I was saying... number one rule. No body no crime. Now second is delivery. How you kill them. Now a high heel to the neck? That was luck."

"Oh..."

"But don't feel so bad. Rookie mistake. You want to kill them effectively if not quickly."

I nodded taking in all the information I could.