4. A New Me

"My parents were rich. Almost as rich as the Wayne's. But a few months ago they were murdered. By who? I don't know. And Honestly? I don't care. They were cold and cruel in private. But in the public eye they were doting and loving. They played their part, and I played mine." I started.

Fish called over a waiter. "Get her a strawberry kiwi, kid friendly"

I looked up at her and she said, "continue."

As the waiter came back and gave me my drink. I took a sip and continued speaking.

"When we were at home, they would keep me inside. They would spend their time elsewhere. So it was only me and the household staff. They didn't show me any love. Real love. The closest I got to that was my maid and Butler at the time. They would sneak me out of the manor and take me to the park or to town. My parents fired them when they found out. I have not been outside until recently." I finished.

"Hmm... I see. I'm sorry for your loss."

" it's not much of a loss. My parents weren't around much anyway."

Fish smirked and raise her class to her lips. "I was talking about your maid and Butler. Seems to me they were the only ones to show you any affection."

I laughed. "Oh Umm and another thing..." I said becoming nervous.

"Yes?..." she quirked a brow.

"I kind of have a.. umm... thing. I don't like to be ordered around and... your uh door guy...."

"Yes?" She said urging me to continue.

"I kinda...." I trailed off again.

She hummed in response, again urging me to spit it out.

"Killed him..." I said below a whisper. At this point I was looking down and twiddling my fingers.

"Speak up dear."

"I killed him..." I said loud enough for her to hear.

"Oh?" Was all she said as she nodded slowly.

"I-I'm sorry! I've never done anything like that before. My anger it... it just... BURST!" I said quite nervously.

"It's fine. I was planning on killing him anyway for spilling secrets to Sal Maroni."

"You-you were?"

"Hm-hmm." She hummer and nodded. " I think we have a body to take care of. Yes?"

"Uh Yes?" I said shyly and unsure of myself.

"No! Say it with confidence. This is your life now. You just killed a man. There's no going back from that." She said with a stern look.

"Yes, we have a body to get rid of." I said with confidence this time. We both stood up from our seats.

"Good. Now since your new to Gotham's underworld, I think I'll take you under my wing." She said wrapping her arm around my shoulders and guiding me elsewhere.

Soon we made our way upstairs. There were quite a few rooms and te place looked like it had seen better days.

"Now the first rule of getting away with murder is.... No body, No crime." She said as we walked into a room that seemed to be a master bedroom. It had a few jazz posters, a record player, a bookshelf and a dresser.

"And if you're going to be with me, you need to dress appropriately."

I looked at what I was currently wearing not really seeing anything wrong with it, other than a bit of blood.

"And that...." she pointed at my outfit with disdain. "Needs to go."

I just looked at her. 'What?! Does she expect me to just strip?!'

She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

'Oh... she DOES expect me to strip...'

"Miss Mooney? Are you asking me to strip?"

"Yes. How am I supposed to get some clothes on you if you don't?"

I was ready to argue and talk back but I thought against it. This woman knows things. She could get away with murder, and she could murder me...

"Yes ma'am." I did as she asked and took off my clothes. I kept my underwear on though.

She went through another door and came back out with a vibrant red sleeveless shirt and bell bottoms.

Or

"Put this on

"Put this on." She tossed me the outfit. She went to her nightstand and picked up a nail filer. She sat on the end of the bed and began filing her nails as she waited for me to finish.

Once I was done. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I didn't look half bad. I'm not used to being in casual yet stylish clothing. So it was something new.
I loved it. It was form fitting and comfortable. I wasn't fat or skinny I was in the middle. But I still felt a little self conscious, but I just loved how good I looked in it. Fish looked up and smirked.

"Now that is what I'm talking about."

"You have good style, Miss Mooney."

"I know I do. You do look good. I might just have you model for my people."

"Oh oh no ma'am. I couldn't possibly. I'm not that goo-"

"Stop!"

I jumped at the outburst.

"Stop downgrading yourself! You should be confident! Be confident in everything you say and do. Or people will think your weak. And what do people do to weak people? They squash them like bugs. You will never be successful unless you are confident!"

"Yes ma'am"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you. I just don't want you to be unprepared."

"I understand miss Mooney."

"And stop calling miss Mooney. You're making me feel old. Please call me Fish."