Chapter 25: 3 am Snack

Leticia's P.O.V

Something wriggles from underneath my head waking me up. Slowly, I lift my head and peered around the room. It didn't look like mine, the whole layout of furniture was different. The dull light from the lamp behind me provided enough light to see the feature wall. Vexi's room.

Looking behind me, I found my sisters sleeping bodies. Kyra's hair was spread out amongst Vexi's tummy and looked like such a baby in the foetal position. Vexi's mouth was parted the slightest bit, mumbling incoherence words in a state of complete unawareness in her tranquil sleep.

We had come to Vexi's room at around 11.30 last night to get away from the noise. We were flicking through photo's on Perrie's iPad that were taken over the last two weeks and talked about how amazing it was to finally have parents.

We talked about how funny Zayn had acted towards the waiter we were talking to earlier in the night. We actually laughed at the thought of how he would react to our future boyfriends. He would drive them away before they step through the front door.

We then recited our names over and over, finally having a last name. Malik. Leticia Rose Malik. Vexi Alexandra Malik. Kyra Zia Malik. Our names feel complete now. I didn't even realise we had fallen asleep until I woke up, or at what point in our conversation we fell asleep at.

At the end of the bed, underneath my legs, there's a hot pink, light weight blanket. I quickly drape it over my sisters bodies, careful not to cover Kyra's face. Making sure that they are covered enough, I tiptoe out of the room and into the hall.

I'm wide awake now and won't be able to sleep for a little while so I head down stairs. As quiet as I can, even missing the step that creeks, my bare feet walk along the ground and carry me into the kitchen. I turn in the light and dim it till it's at the point where if I dim it anymore it goes pitch black.

I flick the kettle on and grab out the things I need to make a cup of tea. After a few moments of silence and deep thought, the kettle whistles and clicks off, signalling it has finished boiling. Carefully, I fill the bright yellow mug with water, watch it turn into a transparent brown, due to the tea bag. Adding only a little bit of milk and half a tea spoon of sugar, I stir the liquid, clinging the tea spoon on the side to make a metallic ding sound.

Using both my hands, I hoist myself up onto the bench top to sit and enjoy my tea. I swerve the liquid around in the cup before taking a quick sip testing the temperature. I blow at the surface of the tea, trying to cool it down.

I hear light thumps travelling down the stairs. Zayn's figure appears in the doorway of the kitchen in his Marvel boxes. When he notices my figure sitting on the bench top, he turns the dimmer up, just enough to see the room clearly without having to adjust to the light.

"What are you doing up, Letty?" His voice sounds so much more deeper and raspier in the middle of the night.

I noticed his hair is way to messy for bed-head and his cheeks look the slightest bit flushed, not to mention there is a thin layer of sweat glistening in the dimmed light. His lips looked swollen and raw, almost looking like a small rash. This could be fun.

"Couldn't sleep" I mumble, taking a long sip.

"Why?" he opened the fridge door and pulled out the carton of milk.

"You and Perrie were being too loud" I smirk, hiding behind my cup.

The carton of milk thumps onto the bench top and Zayn freezes with his back turned to me.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he coughs awardly.

"Really? Well, if it wasn't the hair, sweaty forehead or your swollen lips that gave it away, it was definitely the scratches on your back" I laugh.