Chapter 33: Firsts

Vexi's P.O.V

I sat next to Kyra and Perrie on the plane. Letty was on the other side of Kyra, fascinated with the scenery outside the window. We hadn't lifted off yet, but she was watching as people loaded our luggage and prepared the planes exterior for take off.

My pink nails tapped against my arm rest. I could tell the tapping was annoying Ky but I couldn't stop. She grabbed my hand in a rather tight hold.

"Stop tapping" she commanded harshly.

"You nervous?" Perrie leaned forward so she could look at all three of us.

"Yes" we mumble.

"And Vexi's making me even more nervous with her tapping" Kyra whines.

Jade turned around from the seat in front of Kyra. Jesy and Leigh-anne sat either side of her.

"Don't be nervous. This is like the best part" she squeals with enthusiasm.

My sisters and I huffed and stared out the window. Perrie moved my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ears. She rubbed her thumb against my cheek and then placed her hand on top of mine. It was soothing and made me feel a little more relaxed, probably making Ky relax as well as I stopped tapping.

"Ladies and Gentleman, we are preparing for take off. Please fasten your seat belts and remained seated until the seat belt sign has been switched off. Thank you and enjoy your flight" the pilots voice instructs through the intercom.

"You ready?" Perrie smiled brightly.

We all nodded our head, but I was still a little unsure. The plane started moving making it's way to the runway for takeoff. It turned around at the very end, facing it's path to takeoff. Letty continued to watch out of the window, leaning back for Kyra and I to see.

As the plane moved and picked up speed, the ground outside became a blur of mixed colours. I leant back in my seat, resting my head also as the plane lifted into the air. It's a weird feeling, take off. It's like your stomach sinks to the very bottom and your head starts to hurt like when a headache is forming or on an elevator traveling between floors really fast.

As the plane ascended higher and higher into the sky, the once big and tall buildings turned into ant sizes. You wouldn't see any people but you could see cars driving or sitting in traffic on main roads.

"Whoa" we whispered in unison.

I heard Little Mix giggle at our reactions but I was too stunned to acknowledge them. We were past the clouds now, the world below us disappearing beneath the white and grey. The sun shone through the window and made us all lean back because from the brightness.

The girls in front of us were peeking their heads through the holes between the seats, obviously enjoying our reactions. I turned to Perrie who was watching us intently.

"You girls are so cute" Leigh-anne gushed.

"It reminds me of my first plane ride. My dad told me I would try and reach out of the window to catch the clouds and eat them like fairyfloss" Perrie chuckled at the memory.

"We're not that stupid" Letty turns her head away from the window.

"Yes, but you're just as adorable" Jesy stated.

*****

At some point during the plane ride, we all fell asleep. Who ever knew it could be so tiring sitting down with nothing to do for hours. My head rested against Kyra's shoulder, hers on top of mine. I breathed in deeply as I pried my eyes open. I yawned and blinked several times.