"Alright, I love you, too."

Anicia fully hung up when her mother and sister came out. "Still positive?"

"Well, you would know if you were in there, darling." Grace gave her eldest a light scolding, "What kept you?"

"Sorry, Landon called me."

"And it couldn't wait until after?" Grace raised a brow, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her trousers, "This is very important Anicia. Something you need to be there for. You need to know the feedback of the skincare line Neicy. If your sister's could wait until after to call their husbands, you could've waited to answer for your boyfriend."

Anicia rolled her eyes. "Everybody knows Landon is my boyfriend, Momma. You do not have to constantly repeat it. I'm sorry for walking out. It won't happen again."

"Great. Are you joining me and your sister's are going to have lunch at The Palm?"

"No, ma'am." Anicia declined, "I have a prior engagement."

Grace nodded her head, cheek kissing her daughter. "Drive safe. See you at home."

Anicia watched her mother and sister's gather in the G-Wagon. It was pulling down the rode when Anicia unlocked the doors to her Audi and settled inside. She took the near thirty minute distance to Long Beach and parallel parked in front of the building. She went into the shop with eyes falling on her and stopping conversations.

One conversation in particular that stopped was the one in back where Toby conversed with De and another barber, sitting in the empty barber chair. He had on a black Burberry Monogram cotton T-shirt and black slim-fit jeans. The cap was on his head backward as he eyed Anicia with a confused expression.

Anicia approached, ignoring the other gawking stares from the other gentlemen and beelining to the back. "Hello, gentlemen."

"Whatchu doin hea'?" De was the first to ask as he chuckled, "You and my brotha ain't coo' from that last conversation I heard."

"Hello to you, too, De'Aundre." Anicia stared at Toby, who eyed her blankly. "Hey, can we talk?"

Toby looked her in the eye for a moment without budging. He finally stood, towering her figure even in her stilettos, and leaded the way down the corridor and out to the back patio surrounded by a wooden fence. He plopped down on the cushioned couch with his arms stretched on the back and legs spread open.

"What up?" Toby asked, peering up at Anicia. "Com' to throw som' mo' jabs?"

"No, I come to apologize, actually." Anicia stated, "It's how I really felt but my deliver was all wrong. I can admit I was still hurt about the past shit with your ex and how you hurt me and the fact I haven't seen you in twenty years, and never expressed how I felt, it just... slipped out in the worst way. I'm sorry."

Again, he sat there without saying anything, which made her nervous. She shifted slightly under his intimidating gaze.