Chapter 68

-Marley POV-

"He's in a meeting now, but he won't be long" the lady at the front desk tells me. "Okay, thank you" I smile, taking a seat. I wait a few more minutes before I see Simon show someone out of his office and looks at me with a surprised look.

"Marley, what brings you here today?" He asks, letting me in. I take a seat in the chair in front of his desk and he stands in front of me. "I have a favor to ask of you" I say. "Go on" he says. "Well, Niall and I talked and we both feel like this contract should be extended" I say. "How long?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"We didn't talk about how long, we wanted to leave it up to you" I say. He rubs his chin and sighs, looking up at the ceiling. "I would have to ask management and see what they think, but what is the real reason here" he says. "What are you talking about" I ask. "Marley, I was once in love before" he chuckles.

"I, what?" I ask. "I know the real reason you coming here and asking for an extension" he says. I stay silent and wait for him to continue. "It's okay, I'm not going to chew your head out for loving the boy. I'm not as cruel as your manager" he laughs, making me relax a little. "Thank you for uh, understanding?" I say. "Marley, the thing is, when I came up with this idea I practically knew you two would end up together" he admits.

"What makes me a little disappointed is that you felt afraid to come to me about this" he says. I chew the inside of my cheek and I avoid eye contact with him. "I just, didn't know how you guys would react to hearing that the two strangers who were supposed to act like a couple, actually become one" I say. "It's alright, you couldn't help it. I've been in your position before so I was expecting it to happen" he shrugs.

"So will you consider my proposition?" I ask, standing up. "I will consider it yes, but I can't promise you anything" he says. "Thank you, that's all I need to hear" I smile. He lets me out and I stop outside his door. "Could you please not mention this to Niall? We talked but he doesn't know I went through with it" I add. He nods and let's me go, and then I go back downstairs to my car to go home.

-----------------------------------

"I'm back!" I yell, closing his door behind me. "How'd lunch go?" He yells from upstairs. "Good!" I say, walking upstairs. "What did you guys talk about?" I hear him ask. "Just about the Salute Tour coming up" I say, not adding my meeting with Simon. "Cool, hey I have a question" he asks from the bathroom.

I sit down on his bed and kick my shoes off. "Shoot" I say. He walks out in dress pants and a white button up shirt, his hair up in a quiff like usual. "Does this look okay?" He asks, his voice a little shaky. "I have a tux I just don't want to ruin it" he adds. My jaw drops a little and I sit up quickly. I stand up and walk up to him, admiring this sight in front of me. I've seen him dressed up, but not this good.

"You haven't said a word, does it look bad?" He stumbles. "N-No, you look handsome" I spit out. "Are you sure?" He asks. "Niall, you look great! You look good for meeting the Queen" I smile, putting my hands on his arms. "You've met her before, haven't you?" I ask. "Yes, but I don't know it feels more important this time" he says.

"You look good, stop worrying" I say. "I wish you were coming with me" he says, moving his arms to my waist. "I know but I would feel out of place" I shrug. "No, you would fit right in!" He says. "Ni I wish, but I already said no to the invite" I say. He pokes his bottom lip out and pouts. Which he knows that I can't resist when he does that. "Please" he whines, pressing his forehead against mine.

"Babe" I say, putting my hand on his cheek. "I'll be bored without you there" he adds. "Bored? You're seeing the Queen of England! How could you be bored?" I say. He smiles a little and kisses my nose. "Besides, if I stay here you'll have something to look forward to" I whisper, making his eyes go wide. I wiggle my eyebrows like he does when he's in the mood and he smirks. "Really?" He asks. I nod and he breathes in sharply and looks at the ceiling.

"Now go before you're late" I say, smacking his bum. He jerks forward and narrows his eyes at me. "Fine. But give me a sneak peek of what I'll come home to" he says, winking. "Intriguing, but go or you won't get anything!" I say. He grunts and steps out of our hug. "I'll see you later. Remember, don't start without me" he says before giving me a quick kiss. I hand him his phone and kiss him back. "Don't be late and I won't" I smile. He breathes in again and I laugh to myself of what I've just done.