Chapter 40

-Niall POV-

I pull the sweater over my head and straighten it out. I slide my pants on and sit down on the bed, tying my shoe laces and waiting on Marley. I've gotta say, I'm a little nervous for tonight's dinner. Yeah, I had dinner with them last night and wasn't nervous at all but there's something about tonight that gets me.

"Marley, are you ready?" I ask through the door, knocking on it gently. "Yeah just a sec!" She yells back. "Can I come in?" I ask. There's a silence for a few seconds before I hear the lock click. I twist the door handle and poke my head in. She's wearing a t-shirt with some sweats and her hair was put up in pony tails.

"Are you going like that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. She giggles and picks up the straightening iron. "No silly, I'm only doing my hair and makeup, then I'll get dressed" she smiles. "Okay good" I chuckle. "I just don't like to get dressed up when half of me isn't ready yet" she shrugs, running the iron through her long, brown hair.

"Alright, well I'll be downstairs" I say. "Sounds good, go bond with my family" she says, winking at the last part. "Mhmm you'd want that wouldn't you" I say teasingly. "Yes now go or else I'll never finish!" She laughs, closing the door. I laugh and close the door behind me, walking down the stairs to see her sister and brother on the couch all dressed up.

"Niall!" Cole says, turning around. "Hey Cole" I say, sitting down across from them. "Is Marley almost ready?" Amelia asks, crossing her legs. "Yeah she just has to get dressed" I smile. A few minutes later Marley's mom and Derek come down. "Where's Marley?" Jojo asks as she helps fix Derek's tie.

"She'll be down in a few" I say to her. "Was she dressed when you checked on her?" She asks, throwing me off guard. "Like dressed for tonight?" I ask, swallowing hard. "Yes" she laughs. "Oh, then no she was straightening her hair and wasn't dressed yet" I answer. "Of course she's doing her hair" she laughs, shaking her head.

"Okay I'm ready!" We hear Marley yell from upstairs. I look up and see her. She had her hair down and she was wearing a navy blue dress that came just above her knees. She looked beautiful. "Finally! I was beginning to grow old from waiting so long!" Cole says to her. She hits him with her little purse and laughs.

"How do I look?" She asks me. "You look, absolutely gorgeous" I say, having trouble getting the words out. "Really?" She asks. "Yes" I smile, wrapping my arms around her waist. She blushes and smiles back, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Lets go before we all starve to death!" Derek chuckles.

"Let's go" I smile, grabbing her hand. She takes it and we walk out to our car. "We'll meet you there mom" Marley says to her mom before getting in the car. Her parents drive out first and we follow them to town.

------------------------------------

"So Niall" Jojo says after taking a drink. "Hm?" I ask, taking a bite out of my steak. "Has Marley talked to you about our wedding?" She asks. "Yes, and congratulations if I haven't already said that" I smile. "Thank you, but Marley hasn't talked to you?" She asks, looking at Marley. "No, she hasn't?" I say, looking at Marley as well.

"Mom I told you already" she says. "Marley has a plus one and you're more than welcome to come" Jojo says. "Mom" Marley says. I place my hand on Marley's thigh and I give her a reassuring smile. "Of course, I would love to come" I smile to Jojo. "That's great! Thank you" she smiles.

Marley pokes my arm and motions me to listen to her. "What?" I whisper. "You really don't have to go if you feel obliged" she says. "It's fine, I actually want to go" I say back, earning a confused look from her. "Really?" She asks. "Yes" I say. "Wait don't you have your surgery on the 4th?" She asks. Oh yeah, my surgery.

"I'll be here in Colorado anyway, plus the doctors will tell me that I'll be good" I say. "Niall, this is a big knee surgery, I don't think you'll be able to walk by the wedding day" she says with a hint of concern in her voice. "Marley" I say, grabbing her hand in mine. "I'll be okay. I've been dealing with this since I was younger, I can deal with it" I smile.

She breathes out and squeezes my hand. "Okay, but if I hear any complaining I am blaming you" she giggles. "Alright" I chuckle. We turn back to our meal and finish it. This truly is a good night.

------------------------------------

"Goodnight Niall" Jojo says to me before Marley and I head upstairs. Marley closes the door and I collapse on the bed. She lays down next to me and we both breathe out. "What a day" she says. "Tell me about it" I say back. "Are you sure you want to come to the wedding?" She asks after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes, now quit asking because I'm not gonna change my answer" I chuckle. "Just making sure" she giggles. Before I could answer, Marley's phone goes off. She reaches over and grabs it out of he purse. "Who is it?" I ask, leaning up on my elbows. "Perrie" she smiles, answering it.

"Perrie!" She chirps. I smile at her excitement and her smile grows. "Oh yeah we're doing great! I think my mom loves him already" she giggles, looking at me. I raise an eyebrow and sit up, leaning closer to her phone to listen. "I know that's what I thought too!" She says, pushing me away playfully.

"I miss you guys too!" She says, standing up from the bed. She walks around and talks on the phone. I roll my eyes and take my shoes off. "Okay I'll tell him. Merry Christmas to you as well! Goodbye!" She says before hanging up. "What?" She asks when she sees me staring at her.

"You girls" I chuckle. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asks. "You squeal whenever you talk to each other" I laugh. "Shut up" she says, throwing a pillow at me. "I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little tired" she yawns. "Me too" I say. "I'll see you in the morning?" She asks. "Well yeah because I'll be on the floor" I chuckle.

"Your choice Ni" she laughs. She walks over to me and hugs me tightly before going to bed. I get dressed and lay down on the ground, falling asleep quickly.