Chapter 16 Pt 1

This is the last chapter guys, please vote and comment

Naina was terrified, her heart hammered and her brain was short-circuiting with anxious thoughts. The fear found her. It spoke to her in its cackling voice. It told her legs to go weak, her stomach to lurch and her heart to ache.

Ajay opened the door and pulled her hair. Naina managed not to shriek. With her elbow, she jabbed Ajay in the stomach and ran once again. 

...

Gauri stopped making the groom stop and everyone else confused. Anya, Sapphire, Dhruv and Isha were really confused. Why did this girl stop all of a sudden? 

Gauri turned to face the groom and said: Ajay, I can't marry you. I'm sorry but I can't. I can't let you stay in this loveless marriage. I can't cheat my feelings. I can't ignore what my heart is telling me. Ajay, my parents didn't tell you but I was pregnant at 16...

Mrs and Mr Khanna: what?!

She kept her hand on her stomach.

Gauri: I was pregnant with my lover's child. I was pregnant with a symbol of our love. That baby died, she died the day she was born and I thought my love for the baby's daddy died but it didn't. The love stayed alive. Ajay, why should I let you torture you with a one sided marriage? That's not how marriage works....marriage works when two people love each other. I don't know about you but I don't love you Ajay. I really don't love you. I love one person and that person is Omkara Singh Oberoi.

Manisha and Swarna: what?!

Gauri: Om...he is my first love, my first everything. I had my first everything with him and I want my last to be with him only. My heart belongs with him only. I'm sorry Ajay. I hope that one day you find someone who you love and who loves you back. I hope you find that perfect person but Ajay...Ajay, that person is not me for I belong to another. 

The groom didn't say anything. Gauri's heart was beating fast. Swarna and Manish were disappointed. Anya, Isha, Sapphire and Dhruv were now thinking about their plan. 

The groom lifted up the garlands revealing his face...

Everyone's jaws dropped open seeing who was behind the garlands...

Manish and Swarna: OMKARA?!

Gauri: Om?!

Om: kya yaar Gauri?! It was a lovely speech, really lovely but if you had waited a couple of minutes, you would have been Mrs Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi. 

Gauri was just completely confused. 

Gauri: how did you...what is...how..why...kaise...

Anya, Dhruv, Isha, Sapphire: we helped!

Gauri was about to say something when everyone heard a loud high pitched scream...Everyone turned to see the stairs where a small girl was running and the real groom Ajay was after her. 

Girl: GAURI DIDI!

Gauri: NAINA!

All the guests: THE LOST GIRL?!

Naina missed a step and screamed once again as she rolled down the stairs. Om and Gauri ran from the mandap to the stairs but they were too late...

She was in a pool of blood. 

...

Naina was on a stretcher with Gauri, Om and some nurses pushing it. Gauri and Om were both tear stained, trying to wake Naina up. 

Gauri: Naina wake up!

Om: Naina, I will let you jump on the bed, please wake up!

Their siblings (Dhruv-Isha weren't in disguise) and Gauri's parents along with Ajay and his parents were at the hospital following Om and Gauri and the stretcher. The nurses reached the ICU. Before Om and Gauri could go in with Naina, the door was shut at their faces.