Chapter 2 (edited)

"WHO THE HELL COVERED MY DESK WITH POST IT NOTES?"

A woman, in a simple navy blue sari and hair down, walked out of her office. Her face was red with suppressed rage. She started walking at a fast pace and went to where the younger children were.

 She started walking at a fast pace and went to where the younger children were

Woman: you 10! In a straight line, ABHI KI ABHI!

The children looked at her in fear. Her facial expression was enough for them not to argue and stand in a line.

Woman: now which one of you covered MY DESK with POST IT NOTES? Was it you Devika?

Devika: no madam.

Woman: Harsh?

Harsh: no madam.

She asked every child and once she was done, she realised something.

Woman: ek minute...there is only nine of you, that means...hey bhagwan! This girl will give me a heart attack one day. 

Voice: I would but...but to give you a heart attack, I would have to put a lot of effort in it and effort? I don't put effort in things.

The woman turned to see a little girl, smiling. The girl stood with a hip jutted to one side, her right arm draped across her slender body, clasping the elbow opposite. She had an adorable small nose. Her eyes may be black, not soulless nor lifeless. Instead they were like two pristine stones of onyx, that lit up with a purple flare when touched by candle light. Her hair reached to her waist and was so thick, cascading down her delicate creamy smooth skin. Her hair was a lovely whisky, the colour of fallen leaves browned and sleek with the first rain of autumn. Her lips happened to be naturally pink. Her top lip was thin, but not too thin, and it had a natural cupid's bow; the bottom one was larger and more plush. Those lips formed an innocent smile as she looked at the woman. There was a small tiny mole on her neck. She wear a simple yet pretty light green frock.

Woman: of course you decided to decorate my desk Naina!

Naina: I got bored so when I'm bored, annoying you seems to be fun. 

Woman: Naina! Why can't you be an easy child?

Naina: where's the fun in that Nidhi?

The kids held their breathe. The woman a.k.a Nidhi hated it when the kids called her by her first name. White knuckles from clenching her fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, her hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. Naina just looked at Nidhi, smirk on her face.