Chapter 9

Even though target was not completed, I really wanted to write down this chapter. Do leave inline comments, I would love to read your thoughts.

Om in mind: I am related to Isha and Dhruv, and those two don't have the same smirk as me. How come this kid...this could be just a simple coincidence right?

Naina: so Gauri didi, why is this tall man here?

Gauri: didi? How am I didi and who taught you the word didi? 

Naina: I was going to call you aunty but you aren't old. So that's why you're didi. Also Sapphire didi taught me the word 'didi'.

Gauri came towards Naina and caressed her hair: awww you are just too cute. 

Naina: now answer my question.

Gauri: this tall man is Dhruv and Isha's brother, he just came to see why Dhruv and Isha were here.

Dhruv: Anya invited us. 

Anya: was I not supposed to?

Gauri: umm....

Naina interrupting: Gauri didi, you know Raju uncle came back with the bubble bath soap and I had such a nice bubble bath. 

Gauri: really?

Naina: yes. It was really nice. 

Gauri: glad you enjoyed it. 

Om was a little confused. Okay not a little confused, really confused. Why did Anya invite Dhruv and Isha? Why was that little girl in Gauri's house? How did Gauri even meet the little girl? What the hell was going on? 

Gauri remembered that she had the donut box in her hands and opened it.

Gauri: accha Naina, since it's your birthday, you can choose which donut you want first.

Naina: wow thank you Gauri didi.

Gauri: you're welcome. 

Om: it's your birthday. Well happy birthday little Miss let's charge too much.

Naina: thank you Mr Stingy. 

They both rolled their eyes as Naina picked out the strawberry frosted donut.

Anya: Naina, why that donut? That's the worst donut. Only didi likes that donut.

Sapphire: that's true. It's too sweet.

Gauri: you all have bad taste, expect Naina. Naina is the only one with good taste here.

She hugged Naina, smiling as Naina took a bite from the donut.

Naina: it's really nice. Gauri didi, you have a bite.

Gauri was about to talk when Naina fed her. Everyone went 'aww' yes even Om. 

Anya: jiju, did you get the chocolate ones?

Om: yeah. Strawberry for Gauri and little Miss let's charge too much, blueberry and chocolate for everyone else.

Naina: why did you give me a long nickname? I called you Mr Stingy, that is a short one.

Om rolled his eyes. Out of all the little girls in the world, did it have to be the one he met at the temple?

Om: fine princess.

The room became silent. Seeing everyone quiet, Naina didn't say anything. Gauri looked down, her eyes becoming watery once again. Om suddenly realised what he said. Princess....that was supposed to be for his princess, his and Gauri's princess. It was their special nickname for their baby girl. Why did he call Naina, a girl he met once, princess? It had to be a slip of the tongue.