67). The Wedding and the Will

Start from the beginning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along with the wedding coming around, my birthday was coming around as well, which meant I could perform magic without the Ministry tracking me. Ron had given me a book called, "Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches,". I think he would need it more than me at this point.

"It's pure gold," Ron explained. "Explains everything you need to know about girls. If only I'd had this last year, I'd have known exactly how to get rid of Lavender and I would've known how to get going with ... well, Fred and George gave me a copy, and I've learned a lot. You'd be surprised, it's not all about wandwork, either."

"And you plan to wow my sister with that?" Y/N asked. "Eh, it's worth a shot. Here's mine, Harry." He handed me a package which was a little lumpy and made me really curious. "It's from Lana and I. We thought you would like something like this." I unwrapped it to find a jacket with some incredible detailing. It had a Snitch Emblem on my left arm side, a patch that said, "Potter" on my front pocket, A symbol of fire on the other side, I'm guessing for my Firebolt, and finally, a lion on my back, representing Gryffindor.

"Woah, this is insane!" I said. "Thanks!"

"No problem, brother," He said as I put it on. Mrs. Weasley got me a watch from her brother, since it was tradition for a wizard to receive one when they came of age, Mum got me a pocket photo of my mum and dad, for me to remember them by since she knew where we were going. I hugged Mrs. Weasley first and then Mum, who I hugged a little tighter as she smiled and returned it.

"Thanks, Mum," I said as I continued to hug her.

"Anytime, son," Mum said as she kissed my head. "Happy 17th."

Hermione had given me a new Sneakoscope, Bill and Fleur gave me an enchanted razor, which Mr. Delacour, Fleur's father said, "'Ah yes, zis will give you ze smoothest shave you will ever 'ave,' 'but you must tell it clearly what you want ... ozzerwise you might find you 'ave a leetle less hair zan you would like ...", chocolates from the rest of the Delacours, some Muggle sweets from Anne, and loads of Weasley Wizards Wheezes from Fred and George. My last present was from Ginny, who gave me a kiss of a lifetime.

To celebrate, Mrs. Weasley made a beach-ball-sized Snitch cake which looked absolutely amazing. Hagrid recalled the events of when he first rescued me from the Dursleys and how he gave Dudley a pig's tail. Charlie was there too and Hagrid asked about Norbet, the Norwegin Ridgeback from first year.

"Norbert?" Charlie chuckled. "The Norwegian Ridgeback? We call her Norberta now."

"Wha- Norbert's a girl?"

"Oh yeah."

"How could you tell?" Hermione asked.

"They're a lot more vicious," Charlie answered. "Wish Dad would hurry up and get here. Mum's getting edgy." But as he said that, a bright silver weasel scurried into the room and walked towards Mrs. Weasley and Mum.

"Minister of Magic coming with me." The weasel spoke in Mr. Weasley's voice.

Lupin and Tonks were about to leave as the weasel dissolved. "We shouldn't be here." Lupin said. "Harry -- I'm sorry -- I'll explain another time." They climbed over the fence and disappeared as Mr. Weasley and the Minister, Rufus Scrimgeour, walked in.

Y/N POV

The two men came in as the room emptied out. I've never seen Fudge's replacement after he was sacked, but Scrimgeour gave me the feeling of uneasiness. He looked really suspicious.