cold

i was sitting on the couch wrapped up in at least 50 blankets. for the oddest reason i was freezing my ass off. it wasn't even that cold in the house, to be honest. whilst i was bundled up in my cave of blankets, i felt the couch dip as a new figure was sat upon it. i couldn't really look due to my blanket-mound, but i already knew who it was.
  'hey.' i coughed, aware of how childish and stupid i probably looked right now.
  'what, are you doing?' i could hear the sigh in enji's voice.
  'i am cold, thank you very much.' i huddled in my blankets, my small frame being engulfed.
  'okay i hope you realize it's only 23°c in here.' (23°c - 75°f) enji snarked.
  'yeah well it feels like, hm... -12°c!' i remarked with a 'matter-of-fact' tone. (-12°c - 10°f)
  suddenly, an idea popped into my head which was a rare sight.
  'hey, you're a damn flame hero, let me use your warmth for the greater good.' i began unwrapping myself, which took some energy.
  'the greater good? and that is?' he cocked an eyebrow. i scoffed, pretending to be offended.
  'hello, me.' i crawled over quickly before enji could get another word out, falling next to him as he began to radiate a welcoming heat. i sighed contently, my crimson wings folding on the couch in a relaxed position.
  quickly i realized i was grasping onto his arm for dear life. backing off a little bit, i sat next to enji and pressed our shoulders together. soon enough, i shivered a little bit. he must've noticed because soon i was pulled to where i was laying on his warm, inviting chest. i melted with not only embarrassment but content. sighing, i snuggled up and soon my non-ending coldness was gone, replaced with the comforting heat of the hero below me. i yawned, resting my head on enji's shoulder and closed my eyes, drifting asleep in warm bliss.