relaxation

enji's pov
i sat on the couch, mindlessly watching some crime show that was on. keigo was in the kitchen, rummaging through the pantry for a snack. he came back to the couch but didn't sit down right away, he just stood and looked at me.
'lemme sit in between your legs,' he waited.
doing what he asked, i changed my position so that keigo was comfortably in the middle of my legs. i decided to go with it, wrapping my arms around his waist and sitting back so that keigo was laying on my chest, his wings brought to the side.
i heard him sigh contently, snuggling into my chest and eating whatever food he got.
'can you put a movie on? like a horror movie or something.' keigo asked, which i did.
his attention went right to the tv, watching with intensity. i smiled at his eagerness, enjoying how childish he was being.
i took this time to grab a nearby blanket and threw it over the two of us, keigo grabbing it instantly. it was funny how he wanted to look away but watch at the same time, pulling the blanket over one of his eyes.
i held in light laughter after the recent jumpscare actually made him jump, leaning into me for protection.
i reached a hand up and stroked his hair in a comforting way.
'i'll protect you from the monsters or whatever's in this movie.' i told keigo, who relaxed at those words.
'good, because i'm using you as bait.' he chuckled.
'and here i was protecting you, ungrateful.' i shook my head, grinning.
-
when the movie finally ended, i reached over to get the remote and turn the tv off when i noticed keigo had fallen asleep, his arms wrapped around one of mine. i gave a small sigh, covering him with the blanket and waited for him to wake up so i could move.