Chapter 4: Inspiration

                Danielle had texted Sam about the photoshoot. He had promised to guide her. She was afraid she would feel like a fool not knowing what to do.

They had agreed to meet a few days later, near the lake. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't great. It was cold and foggy. Danielle had arrived early and had had to wait in the cold for Sam. Now he was here and she wanted to get it over with.

"Alright, I know you've never done this but it's easy, trust me."

Danielle listened to each and every one of his instructions. She obeyed as he told her how to position her head, her hands, her body. He told her to relax but she couldn't do it. She was too cold, too shy.

Sam shot his photos in silence, looking intently at her. Danielle, on the other hand, didn't know where to look. She tried relaxing her shoulders and breathing deeply, but her body wouldn't cooperate. The wind flew through her hair, making it look wild.

After some time, Sam turned his camera off and approached her.

"It's getting pretty cold. We better head home."

Danielle nodded.

"I parked my car not too far away, but I suppose you walked here?

-Yeah.

-Do you wanna come to my place? We can look at the photos together and I'll make you a hot chocolate.

-Sure. That would be nice. I just need to go get my car.

-Well, you can just come with me. I'll bring you back.

-Okay."

He took her hand in his and started walking towards his car. His hand felt so warm against her freezing skin. Danielle looked up at Sam. He was much taller than her and pretty muscular. What pushed him to come to the woods? Why did he choose to live here, isolated? She had so many questions. He intrigued her. As if he could feel her eyes on him, Sam looked back, their eyes meeting. He winked at her and kept leading her through the woods.

When they arrived at his car, he opened the passenger door for her. The drive was only a few minutes long and as soon as they arrived Danielle sighed. It was warmer in there.

"You can sit on the couch while I prepare your hot chocolate."

Danielle followed his advice and sat cross-legged on his couch, rubbing her hands together in order to warm them up.

"Here you go, Sam handed her a cup. Be careful it's probably too hot.

-Thanks."

Danielle held the cup tightly. The warmth felt great.

Sam got a blanket, and put it on them.

"You look like you're frozen.

-That's because I am." Danielle chuckled.

The hot chocolate in her hands smelt amazing, but she couldn't drink it yet.

"Do you want to see the photos? Or we could watch a movie and look at the photos later."

Danielle thought about it. She felt more at ease with Sam now, but she didn't want to stay too late. She didn't want to come back to the chalet when it would already be dark. However, she didn't want to seem rude. And Sam would be driving her back. Even if it was already dark then, she wouldn't be alone.

"A movie sounds great."

Sam put a movie on, not really asking her what she wanted to watch. Then he got comfortable on the couch, with his feet on the coffee table. His right arm naturally came around Danielle's shoulders. She was stiff at first, but then relaxed a little. The movie didn't feel very interesting to her. What did was Sam's hand playing with her hair again. It's the only thing she could think about at the moment.