But... She's a girl.

*Peyton's POV*

I woke up the next morning and sprung out of my bed. Today's the day. The day that I've been waiting for. The day that I can do the thing that I love. The day I play baseball with my team. I took a deep breath and went to take a shower. We had practice at two and it was about 11:30. I fell asleep pretty late after video chatting with my GMW friends back in LA. I'm honestly surprised that I even woke up in time. Once I got out of the shower, I began to think about this 'Alex' kid. There's no way he's that good. Right? I mean he can't be better than me. But what if he was? What if he replaces me? I sighed and continued to get dressed.

I put on my baseball uniform and all my worries went away. "Feels good to be back" I smirked and grabbed my bat and bag. I walked downstairs, "Mom! I'm Ready!" I yelled. She came downstairs and head to the door

"Come on, do you wanna be late?" She asked. I smiled. I love my mom. It was still pretty early but I liked getting there before everyone. To me, or us rather, early is on time and on time is late.

...

I got to the field and saw some of my teammates already here. I said goodbye to my mom and got out the car, going to warm up with them.

"So do you guys know anything about this Alex kid?" I asked them, releasing the ball from my hand.

"I know that he's good. Or at least that's what coach said."

"But that's it. Nothing else? Is he buff, is he scrawny, is he tall? I need something." I said, freaking out with curiosity

"Relax. I bet he's just an all around normal guy. Nothing to worry about."

...

It was about fifteen minutes into practice and everyone was here except Alex. Not a great start for you man. Coach didn't seem angry though, he seemed worried. I rolled my eyes and turned around, going on with practice.

About five minutes later, I threw the ball to Joe and he never threw it back. "Um, hello?" I said, waving to him

"Sorry man, but there's a girl here." I looked back when he said that and saw a girl talking to coach.

"Alright, come in for a quick word!" Coach yelled. We all jogged over. "Boys, this is Alexandria, she's gonna try playing with us. If she likes it, she'll stay and play for the season. She's just as good as the rest of you so, just because she's a girl doesn't mean she shouldn't get the same respect you'd give each other."

"Coach, you can't be serious." Tyler says.

"Well I am serious. Peyton, see's also a pitcher and she's real good, too. You better watch out" Coach teased. I'm not amused

"But... She's a girl."I said and looked at her. She rolled her eyes. "And between you and me, she seems to have a bit of an attitude." Coach laughed

"Name a guy on this team who doesn't, Peyton... Exactly."

"Well, how often will she play? How do we even know she's good. I mean, maybe she is for a girl but is she at our level" Tyler said. She raised an eyebrow at him and coach told everyone to set up on the diamond. I went on my way to the pitcher's mound.

"Not you Peyton. Tyler, at bat." I sighed and Tyler smirked. I stood next to coach with my arms crossed. "Alexandria, you're pitching." Alexandria grabbed her glove and a few balls before jogging over to the mound.

"You know you're supposed throw it over hand here, right, Princess?" Tyler said to her, taking a stance. She rolled her eyes and pitched the ball. The ball went right passed him and into Jamie's catcher's mitt.

"Strike one." He said and Alexandria smirked

"No, that's not fair, I wasn't ready!" Tyler exclaimed

'You should always be ready Ty!" Coach yelled at him.

Alexandria took a breath and threw the ball again. This time, Tyler swung and missed. "Strike Two"

"You know you're supposed to hit it, right?" She said to him.

"And she speaks!" Joe yelled, from third base. I chuckled.

"Whatever princess. One more. I'm gonna hit this one." Tyler yells, clearly frustrated. Alexandria threw him one last pitch and it was another swing and miss. Jamie winced a bit, "Damn, babe throws fire... Strike Three and you're out" Tyler groaned and walked over to Coach and I

"Fine, she's good. But don't tell her I said that" He said, going to get some water. I was the only one who has ever struck out Tyler and it took me a few tries. I looked at her and she smiled at me. I had to admit, I was a little worried.

Practice went on for another hour or so before we were let off. My mom came to pick me up and we went home.

"Mom, you'll never guess what happened today. The new player I've been telling you about is a girl and she struck out Tyler."

"Really? Well good for her. Tyler's like 3rd in the state right?"

"4th, mom. But you're missing the point."

"Oh Peyton please don't tell me you're complaining because she's a girl." She said, going into the kitchen.

"No, its not. Okay well it is, but -"

"No, no buts. Poor thing probably already feels left out and afraid. Tomorrow, why don't you invite her over to dinner?"

"Mom, you're kidding? You want me to invite my enemy to dinner."

"Enemy? Peyton don't be so dramatic. If you don't invite her, I will." My mom said to me. I sighed and went up to my room. I don't want to invite her. I don't even wanna talk to her. This is the first time that I was not happy to go to practice tomorrow.

And that was the third Chapter. Sorry that it's late. Midterms were killing me...

So the boys finally met Alex. Thoughts?

Comment, Rate, VOTE ❤️