Wait, What The Heck Did I Just Say?

*Alexandria's POV*

I walked onto the field, seeing few boys already there, warming up. I got out of my brother's car and walked over to the dugout, saying 'hello' to Coach along the way. There were a couple of parents already in the stands. I just continued to look around for a second. I was actually pretty bummed that I couldn't play but rules are rules, I guess. The only good thing was that I didn't have to carry my big heavy bag because I had practically nothing to bring today. All I had was a little drawstring bag with my glove, a water bottle and a pair of shorts, in it.

"Hey Alex" I heard someone say. I looked over as saw Tyler.

"Oh um, hey." I replied before turning my head back to the boys on the field.

"Hey Alex." I heard again. I looked over and saw Peyton.

"Hey... You ready for the game?" I asked, smiling a little.

"Yeah, yeah. Is Jamie here yet?" He asked me. I shake my head.

"No, I don't think so... We could uh, we could throw together until he gets here." I suggested, looking down at him as he sat on the bench, changing from his sneakers into his cleats

"Oh... yeah, let's do that." He smiled up at me.

"Yeah, sure, Peyton. I'll find someone else to throw with, no worries. Not like you asked to throw with me or anything." Tyler said with a sarcastic tone before walking out of the dugout.

"Sorry Ty." He yelled.

"Yeah, yeah..." Tyler said back as he found a new partner.

*Peyton's POV* (Starting from when he arrived at the field...)

I pulled into the parking lot and Tyler parked beside me. We got out and I walked around to my trunk. I look over at the boys and Immediately, my eyes went to Alex in the dugout. I sighed.

"You coming man?" Tyler asked me, already having gotten his bags.

"Um, Yeah, I'll be down in a second." I told him and he nodded before walking over. I look over at the two of them, grabbing my own bags and taking a breath before walking over myself.

(Fast Forward to when Alex's POV ended) 
"I'm ready when you are." She said to me, after grabbing her glove and a ball. I looked back up at her.

"I'm ready." I grab my glove and stood up from the bench. I walked out of the dugout and she followed out behind me. "I'll go easy on you." I teased.

"You and I both know that I don't need you to go easy on me" She smirked, walking across from me. "But I'll go easy on you if you want."

"Ha Ha, Alex, very funny. Look who's pitching today." I replied.

"Yeah, because the rules don't allow me to. You're pitching on technicality." She said. Usually, I would've gotten upset but for some reason I didn't. Maybe because I knew in the back of my mind that she was just fooling around or maybe it was because she looked cute in her little baseball uniform and I just couldn't get mad... Wait, What The Heck Did I Just Say?

"Hello? Peyton?" She called for my attention.

"Huh? What?"

"Are you all out of come backs or something?" She asked, throwing me the ball.

"Uh, Yeah... I guess so." I said and she raised an eyebrow. I wasn't one to give up so easily but I honestly couldn't think of anything else. We threw for a few more minutes before coach stopped us.

"Alright, boys! Let's get this warm up started! The other team will be getting here soon. "Alexandria, mind batting for the outfield?" She nodded, walking toward the dugout before stopping. She turned around,

"I uh, didn't bring my bat." She told coach.

"You can borrow mine!" Joe let out quickly afterward.

"Aw, thanks Joey. You're the best." Alex added before continuing into the dugout and getting Joe's bat. He hit my shoulder with the back of his hand to get my attention.

"You hear that Peyton, I'm the best" Joe said with hushed excitement. I shook my head, laughing a little as I waited for Jamie to suit up and the others set up up in the diamond or in the outfield.

...

*Alexandria's POV*

The other team had arrived and warmed up. One of the umpires called over the team captains.

"Tyler, Peyton. Get up there" Coach called out. Peyton got up and walk toward them, Tyler just looked at coach.

"Let Alex go." He said.

"W-what?" I ask and he smiled, shrugging

"Yeah, go. We can't let you sit the bench all game, when you didn't have to, without getting anything out of it." Tyler replied and I smiled back

"Thank you." I jogged over to Peyton and we walked over to the other team's captains.

"Shake hands." The Ump told us after giving a little speech about what was going down. I shook one of their hands, then went for the other...

"What? Are you their cheerleader or something?" The other captain said to me. I raised an eyebrow.

"What? You've never seen a girl play baseball before?"

"You play?" He laughs "With us?.. Yeah, right. I'll believe it when I see it"

"Yeah? well you wi—" And Of course, I'm not playing today...

"Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll see you later cupcake." He said and they walked away. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't let them get to you." Peyton said to me. I looked up at him, nodding.

"Do me a favor." I told him.

"Yeah, sure."

"Beat their ass." I said, simply before walking ahead of him and into the dugout.

...

It was the bottom of the 9th inning. Michael just struck out and Peyton was up at bat. The bases were loaded and we only need 2 more runs to win the game. The obnoxious captain from before looked at me before throwing Peyton a pitch.

"Haaa!" The umpire yelled, calling his first strike. The captain smirked, pitching another, Peyton swung and missed.

"Come on, Peyton. You can do this, 1-9!" I yelled from the dugout. The captain looked at me, chuckling.

"Tell ya what, cupcake. Once we beat you guys, I'll give you a little kiss to make you feel better." He said and I rolled my eyes again. He looked back at Peyton, throwing one last pitch. But this time, Peyton hit it. Grand Slam! Once he passed home, we all ran onto the field.

"Alex!" Peyton yelled and I ran over to him. He opened his arms and I felt an urged to jump into them... so I did.

"You did it. We won!" I mumbled into his neck as I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same.

"Yeah, because of you" He said back. I pull my head back a little and we looked into each others eyes, staying silent as everyone around us continued to cheer. After a bit, he finally put me down. I cleared my throat.

"Um, Good Job." I told him. He rubbed the back of his neck, nodding.

"Thanks." Peyton was about to say something else when he was pulled into the huddle of boys. I turned around and started walking away. A small smile spread across my face...

Okay... So I know I said I'd have a chapter up by Monday, the latest... And it's Wednesday, so let me just start by saying sorry for being gone so long. I thought that my summer would consist of me just staying home on my laptop , but for once, I'm actually going out and doing stuff. Anywhoooo...

Let's take a second to notice that little moment between Alex and Peyton... 

What's their ship name?  Peylex? Alton? Let me know if you guys like one or can think of any better ones. 

This chapter was a little bleh, but It's 4:14 am, and I wanted to get something up so I didn't leave y'all hanging for too long. 

Comment, Share, VOTE ❤️